• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Colinb913

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 15, 2012
    Newburgh
    Ok. I am posting this off my phone so bare with me. My fiancé applied for her LTCH about a week ago. Today she got a call from a woman at the Evansville PD who told her since she wasn't born in the USA she can't get her ltch. She was born in Germany while her dad was deployed. Both parents are US citizens.

She has a SSN. She IS a citizen.

The lady said it didn't matter. She wasn't born in the USA. I know this is horse ****. I am just not sure how to proceed. As of now she has been denied her LTCH.

INGO, thoughts? Advice?

scottka

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 28, 2009
    SW IN
    Tagged... I'm not of any help, but I'd like to follow this one. Hopefully it can be resolved rather quickly. Good luck!

atvdave

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 23, 2012
    SW Indiana
    "Appeal Process

If your application has been denied, you may request an appeal in writing and mail it to:
    Indiana State Police Firearms Licensing Section
    100 N. Senate Avenue—IGCN
    Indianapolis IN 46204
    If you believe you were denied for an invalid reason, call 317-232-8264 and ask to talk with the clerk over that area to discuss your denial. Before you call, please take the time to read the letter of denial and make sure you understand your criminal history."

ISP: Appeal Process

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    So she wasn't born in the the USA.

Neither was Obama but they made him the president. :n00b:
    She has residency and an SS number, sounds like she's a citizen too me.

Jack Burton

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 9, 2008
    NWI
    Ok. I am posting this off my phone so bare with me. My fiancé applied for her LTCH about a week ago. Today she got a call from a woman at the Evansville PD who told her since she wasn't born in the USA she can't get her ltch. She was born in Germany while her dad was deployed. Both parents are US citizens.

She has a SSN. She IS a citizen.

The lady said it didn't matter. She wasn't born in the USA. I know this is horse ****. I am just not sure how to proceed. As of now she has been denied her LTCH.

INGO, thoughts? Advice?

The very moment I realize I have an idiot or an ignorant person on the phone I immediately demand, in a polite way at first, to speak to their supervisor. I keep it up until I get the supervisor -- and just don't, in any way, have any further conversation with the roadblock person. It is just not worth my time to deal with or educate those who only exist to make people suffer. Let their boss deal with them after the fact. It may take three or four steps up the food chain but almost always I get what I need.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    It's clearly BS since even non-US-Citizens can get a LTCH.
    So where she was born doesn't matter, her citizenship doesn't matter.
    You have to be a legal resident of the State of Indiana, no need to be a US citizen.

Titanium_Frost

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Feb 6, 2011
    Southwestern Indiana
    Why am I not surprised? I wonder if there has been widespread problems dowtown with LTCH and other firearms related issues.

I know that EPD in general is not fond of Guy Relford (a couple different lawsuits) so he might rattle them up if they refuse to process the paperwork but in reality it shouldn't be anything you can't clear up on your own.

Let me know if I can help in any way.

Bondhead88

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 26, 2010
    Currently In Toronto
    You do not need to be a citizen or even a resident alien to get your LTCH in Indiana. I am a non-resident alien and I have an LTCH.

Someone at the EPD is either very ignorant of the situation or ignoring the law. Either way they should not be at the job. The most confusing thing is it is not the EPD who issue or approve the application it is the State Police.

Top Bottom