• Bronsonbull

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 20, 2008
    just north of Indy
    Well,

I guess I just need to vent.

I bought a Taurus TCP738 a few months ago.

Took it to the range and noticed that the mags would essentially fall out while shooting. I'd catch them because my pinky was under the mag with my grip.
    Nonetheless not a feature you want on a carry gun.

So I called Taurus customer service. Michael the rep was nice to speak with. He claimed that they have heard of these issues before and that it was the mags that were causing it (which I didn't believe because I think its the mag catch/release).

Anyway he had me send 1 of the 2 mags back to Taurus to replace (shipping to be paid by me). If that fixed my issue I would then send the 2nd mag back for replacement. Seemed okay with me even though I spent $5 to ship back.

They received my mag back on 1-11-10. I still haven't received the replacement mag (2 months later). I've called 4 times about this and I've gotten a different answer. The first 3 times I called the rep said they would ship me a mag asap (which was total BS). So the 4th call to customer service I asked for a manager. Not sure if I got one but the guy I got said that they were out of TCP mags and that's why I hadn't gotten mine back yet. He said it may be another month or two until they get some. I asked if they could just send me mine back and he said that they didn't have it anymore because it probably got shipped back into the field.

I know Taurus has a bad rep for less than reliable guns, but this is my first and last bad experience with them. My first Taurus was a PT1911 and I loved it from the first shot. Never an issue and I always defended Taurus when folks called them junk.

Well my second Taurus has me thinking differently. THEIR CUSTOMER SERVICE SUCKS!!

I'll never own another one.

Maybe Smith and Wesson customer service set the bar too high, but I appreciate them a whole lot more now.

If you have an issue with your Taurus, just pay a gunsmith to fix it.

jesse485

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Apr 21, 2008
    La Porte
    I have had to use customer service for defects with both Taurus & S&W, and have the exact same taste in my mouth from both. While I think Taurus makes decent products, their customer service can be appalling. I have not had any issues with just buying parts from them, go figure. S&W was wonderful, and even though they were not perfect, they worked very hard to make up for their minor issues.

Dawall

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2010
    Lake County
    Recieving a new gun with no manual, They said it is not available since it comes from Brazil. They said to download from the internet.

mrmarky

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 8, 2009
    Brazil Indiana
    Wow,, I had a complete opposite experiance w Taurus service. They repaired a 357 for me @ no charge, sent it back in a plastic pistol box with a free gunlock I had lost the spring and screw from the rear sight and they replaced them no ??? asked. May I suggest sending them an e-mail explaining your frustrations? I find I get a more definate response when I force them to put it on paper(virtually) and remember,,,like my Mom said,,,"you catch more flys w/ sugar than salt"

Grass Cutter

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 16, 2010
    New Palestine, IN
    Taurus did us fine on a 357 we sent back for repair. They could have said we caused the damage; but, they fixed it an sent it back in about one month. We did have Wanamaker Guns (the dealer) send it back for us. Maybe that heped our cause.

Top Bottom