• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • five5toad

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 1, 2012
    Greater Indy Metro
    I have some Motorola MTX9250 900MHz 2-ways that have been flashed. I would love to be able to use 'em but I admittedly have no idea how to program them nor do I have much knowledge on the 2-way radio racket to begin with. However, I would definitely like to become more knowledgeable in the ways a ham (other than bacon; pretty much mastered that).

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    The license is easy to obtain these days, and is required within the bands. There is the 33cm band at 902-928. I'm not familiar with that model, but I'd think it would most likely be programmed by software on a computer, though there may be a backdoor on the unit's firmware. Might see what I can find out.

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    This model is pretty wide open on transmit, but the receiver covers only the top few MHz of the 902-928. There's a simple but delicate modification to get the synth to lock all the way down past 902, but the sensitivity degrades somewhat toward the low end. This can be modified as well, but you're getting into dielectric resonators and such. There's definitely software for programming. Thinking I may pick up a few of these...

1775usmarine

Sleeper
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    81   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    IN
    Necro post but I was given a Motorola xpr6550 by a guy who I worked with at the railroad in 2012 to use as my own personal radio. I got transferred to burns harbor and they had an extra radio so I am using that and put the xpr away. I finally bought a charger and found out though the radio works I need it reprogrammed. The radio shop guys in our yard don't have the equipment anymore, so i was wondering if it was possible to get this reprogrammed in the railroad channels we use or not.

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    Try Emergency Radio Service's in Elkhart. They are a Motorola dealer. They should be able to program it & test it.

1775usmarine

Sleeper
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    81   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    IN
    ERS is pretty much just up the street for him when compared to sending to Memphis.

Yeah I contacted ERS and they told me they were sending it up to their person to see about getting my radio working again. I'd rather drive somewhere close if they can do it plus Midwest guns is along the way, than spend the money to ship. If they say its a no go then maybe I may sell the radio, but will see what ERS says.

Top Bottom