• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Michael762

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Centeral
    Thought I would show the progress of the Scout AK I have being built by the guys over in Greenwood called AWS or Advanced Weapon Systems. I can't wait to pick this beaut up

Post pics as soon as I figure it out...

Michael762

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Centeral
    I've always loved the scout rifle set up, so I am doing that with this one for coyotes. It will take a minute to get everything because I just got a new place to live. But it will be sweet when it's done. Using a Nitride barrel for it also

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    I'm with Kirk, in the sense that I have an idea what a "Scout" rifle is (or would be) and I don't think an AK can be one. What do you think of as a Scout rifle? Like, any rifle that has the scope out toward the middle of the barrel?

Don't get me (or us) wrong - I'm sure it'll be a cool project. (Here's hoping, at least!) :) It would be like saying, "I'm working on a Ford Tempo muscle car." The words don't really seem to go together, but the result could be really interesting. :D

Michael762

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Centeral
    We will see how it goes, I'm not talking "sniper rifle". I'm talking more a long the lines as like a smaller example of DMR.

Upgrading parts to:

Tabuk Flash hider

Primary Arms 1-6X24 SFP Scope with ACSS 300BO/ 7.62X39 Reticle

Zenit B31C long upper rail

Zenit B30 long lower rail

Zenit B33 railed dust cover

Harris ultralight bipod

Tnv PVS-14

L3/ Insight ATPIAL-C Class1/3R IR Laser

i know the night vision isn't necessary but I want it for my AR also.

It may not seem like it's worth it to an AK, but this rifle means a lot to me and I am keeping it forever. The guys there have helped me out a lot. My goal is to hit at least 2" groups at 200 yards

Michael762

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Centeral
    It's going to be a long road but it will be an extremely fun gun once done. I love the AK but I really love shooting distance also. My next rifle will be a bolt gun if I don't buy another AK lol hoping to buy the Ruger RPR

tradertator

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    Greene County
    We will see how it goes, I'm not talking "sniper rifle". I'm talking more a long the lines as like a smaller example of DMR.

Upgrading parts to:

Tabuk Flash hider

Primary Arms 1-6X24 SFP Scope with ACSS 300BO/ 7.62X39 Reticle

Zenit B31C long upper rail

Zenit B30 long lower rail

Zenit B33 railed dust cover

Harris ultralight bipod

Tnv PVS-14

L3/ Insight ATPIAL-C Class1/3R IR Laser

i know the night vision isn't necessary but I want it for my AR also.

It may not seem like it's worth it to an AK, but this rifle means a lot to me and I am keeping it forever. The guys there have helped me out a lot. My goal is to hit at least 2" groups at 200 yards

Sounds like a nice setup, I especially like the Zenit stuff and PEQ15. How do you plan to mount the optic?

Michael762

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Centeral
    Sounds like a nice setup, I especially like the Zenit stuff and PEQ15. How do you plan to mount the optic?

I plan on mounting the glass on the Zenit top rail while using night vision, but until then it will be mounted on a RS Regulate full length rail. Gotta buy all the stuff but until I get everything I will be testing accuracy with the iron sights

aturk

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2016
    Charlotte, NC
    Do you have a good email address for AWS? Used the one on their site and had a few questions about some upgrades, haven't heard back in a few days. Feel free to PM me, my post count is too low to PM you. Thanks.

Top Bottom