• Which press should I go with?

• Total voters

Rob377

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Dec 30, 2008
    DT
    Good reading on the various progressives out there.
    http://www.comrace.ca/cmfiles/dillonLeeHornadyComparison.pdf

I've owned a Dillon SDB, it was in fact as awesome as it's said to be.

I now own a Hornady LNL. Feature for feature, )5 station, auto-index, case feeder option, bullet feeder option, etc) compares with the Dillon 650, but a few hundred bucks less.

I love the hornady, it works extremely well, and I couldn't be happier with it.

So, I voted for both. They're both great products, but I will say the Hornady is a better bang for the buck.

ridetoslide

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 26, 2011
    press

Well, I have had some issues with my Lock n Load press, as I just wrote a mini rant about it. After alot of research I bought the Hornady, but there are quite a few issues I don't like that I didn't realize until after I have been using it. In hind sight, I think I would have bought the Dillon.

CampingJosh

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 16, 2010
    Que;

I see you only listed handgun rounds. For this, you could use the Dillon Square Deal B progressive press, but you cannot use standard dies in it. Buying new dies for everything would negate any savings on the cheaper press.

If I were outpacing my reloading, I would move up to a Dillon 650. That same would be my recommendation to you.

kludge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    It takes me forever to make rounds on my lee classic turret, but now that my sister bought her kimber and her boyfriend and my mom looking at 45 acps...I'm going to have a hell of a time keeping up with reloading. Those of you with non-progressive setups, how are you guys able to quickly AND accurately throw charges into the cases? What slows me down the most is getting the charge just right.

I'm loading with 4.5gr of titegroup.

I have a Lyman dispenser...completely inconsistent, so much so I have to weigh every round. So considering an more expensive dispenser or a charge master.

It could be the dispenser, it could be the powder.

With my Lee Perfect Powder Measure I have very consistent throws. With rifle it's usually within a couple tenths of a grain, even with "long" grain powders like IMR 4064, and with pistol powders it's usually right on or within a tenth.

Unique is a bit of a problem. It meters "like corn flakes" and I will usually get two tenths of variance either way. With the Lee Pro AutoDisk forget about using Unique... plus or minus a half a grain usually, and I've seen more.

With Universal and No.7 the Lee Pro Auto Disk is extremely consistent. Especially with No.7... it's dead nuts on every time.

Top Bottom