• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • PINski1015

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 13, 2011
    Cyberspace
    Had this custom Go-Kart frame lying around so me and a buddy got to thinking about it and what we could do with it. The frame is pretty sweet it has a mono-leaf front suspension and a swing-arm where the motor mounts up.

001-15.jpg

002-13.jpg

After touring Craigslist for awhile we picked up a 350cc Honda twin from a late 60's early 70's CB350 for 35 bucks with carbs:rockwoot::rockwoot:.

001-14.jpg

The motor had been rebuilt and bored out, but hadn't been ran in 10 years. The guy bought the bike but decided to part it out after some title issues. This motor is a screamer with a 12,000 RPM red line.

After some timing issues and cleaning out 10 years worth of crap in the carbs we finally got it running. Will post video of that later on.

Currently we are rigging a mount for a jack shaft and place to put a brake assembly. I will update this thread as progress continues. So far this project has cost about 150 bucks.

Last edited:

walker

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 10, 2010
    Terre Haute
    Some friends of mine built a go-kart back in the mid 70's with a Honda 350. Just make sure you have good brakes. Before they put any brakes on it, they talked the 3rd oldest (4 brothers) in taking it out to see what it could do. They lived in the country, so the road in front of their house was just what they needed. So the one brother takes off in the go-kart, with the other three following him in a one ton 4wd dually. They said it got up to around 85mph. There was also a time when they got a fiberglass VW dune buggy to crash into snow drifts after the blizzard of 78, but thats another story....

Top Bottom