• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Way back in October of last year (shortly after NFA Day, in fact), I came up with an idea to show Lovemywoods and his wife a little appreciation for opening up their home to so many strangers over the years. In the process, I asked Fenway to please create a private planning forum that was only accessible to the people involved in the project (Project Snapdragon, we called it). Everyone who had ever been to his range for a class, a shoot, an event, etc. was given access to the forum so that we could plan a surprise. Somehow, with a little over a hundred people involved, we managed to not only keep it a secret, but to raise $2,500 towards a gift. It's an astonishing and gratifying testament to the generosity of my fellow INGO members and I greatly appreciate everyone's contributions.

We had a lot of suggestions and a lot of conversations about the best way to go about things. We ultimately decided to fund a trip for the two of them and we presented it to them during the Mod Christmas dinner. They were floored!

A few weeks went by and they ultimately decided to re-purpose the gift for something they needed more. This was perfectly acceptable, and in fact, was one of the things we had talked about but couldn't work out the details on, so the idea was originally dropped.

Now that the Project is completed, some of the threads from that private forum will be moved here, into the Break Room, and the private forum will be closed. I'm making this post to give those threads context and background, since they won't be grouped together anymore.

Original announcement:
    https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...1-recognition_for_mr_and_mrs_lovemywoods.html

Note: This originally only went out to NFA Day participants, but eventually everyone who had been to their range who I could identify was invited. If you should have been on the list but were overlooked, I apologize. I did my best, given the need for secrecy.

Presentation:
    https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...s_a_success_now_with_video_of_the_reveal.html

Response:
    https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/break_room/190129-our_gift_from_ingo.html

Testimonials:
    https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...ike_to_say_a_few_words_about_lovemywoods.html

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    This space intentionally left blank. Except for the previous sentence. And that one. And that one, too.

chocktaw2

Home on the Range
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 5, 2011
    Mayberry
    Sounds / looks like you did a good job thanking the "Lmw's " . True :ingo: spirit from all parties involved. :cool:

snorko

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    364   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Evansville, IN
    How do you hide a forum from a mod?

They simply divided by zero.

When I heard about this yesterday I was intrigued but not surprised. Gun folk in general and INGOers in particular are some of the most generous folks you will ever meet. I've often wished there was some form of recognition that could be awarded for service done. How often we see threads where someone just gives something away because another member needs it or spends hours helping someone out, sharing their knowledge and experience.

We should come up with a title to award, akin to Sagamore of the Wabash or Kentucky Colonel. I guess Baconator is taken, baconista sounds like a fry cook position at Denny's, maybe INGO Order of the Fatback? :dunno: :ingo:

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.6%
    28   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    We have learned that only Fenway has the power to divide by zero.

No. Fenway has the power to take your post count and reputation to zero.:):

It's a nice thing to be able to give back to folks who have been generous with their time and place. Especially when they had no expectation of any kind of recompense and did it out of a care for the community they support.

Never been to LMW's place but we're just about neighbors so I may have to invite him to breakfast one of these days.:yesway:

With BACON, of course.:D

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Mods can't manually adjust post count or rep. They can delete posts or give negative rep, but that's it.

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    Never been to LMW's place but we're just about neighbors so I may have to invite him to breakfast one of these days.:yesway:

Most folks invite themselves to his breakfast. :D

w706e9.jpg

Top Bottom