I knew the proof was out there:

images

CSK22

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 5, 2009
    Stoplight City
    Awesome, this is exactly what I said during his EO speech.

You can't tell me any of those kids he brought up on stage have never played with squirt guns or nerf guns and "pretend" to kill or shoot each othe.

The commander and chief is proving it right here. The president and his kids play "war" and so far his kids have never shot up a school. . . . . Though perhaps he.... nah I wont comment on benghazi

lucky4034

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 14, 2012
    Running by a pool is dangerous....

An estimated 5,000 children ages 14 and under are hospitalized due to unintentional drowning-related incidents each year; 15 percent die in the hospital and as many as 20 percent suffer severe, permanent neurological disability.

National Safety Council

Wonder how many children die from "assault weapons' in the US?

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    This may seem odd to some, while my kids were growing up they were never allowed to have toy guns. No water pistols at all. The first two tools I bought my son were an eight oz. claw hammer a Crossman pumpmaster. He was taught to use a hammer at about eight months and use the rifle soon afterward. he was allowed to play army which he loved, but the only thing he was allowed to point at someone was a stick or a finger (only in a pistol shooting configuration) please gentlemen and ladies.

When he was a teenage I got him an air pistol. He is a very good shot, as are my daughters and wife, and they are all well versed ii gun safety.

you would be surprised at how many liberals I knew who thought it was silly not to let my kids play with guns.

joale

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 15, 2012
    I wonder what his magazine capacity is on that? May have to seize his weapon!

That's what I was thinking. Is high capacity on a water gun > 2oz.? Wouldn't want to possibly be able to use all of that capacity to waterboard someone.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    This may seem odd to some, while my kids were growing up they were never allowed to have toy guns. No water pistols at all. The first two tools I bought my son were an eight oz. claw hammer a Crossman pumpmaster. He was taught to use a hammer at about eight months and use the rifle soon afterward. he was allowed to play army which he loved, but the only thing he was allowed to point at someone was a stick or a finger (only in a pistol shooting configuration) please gentlemen and ladies.

When he was a teenage I got him an air pistol. He is a very good shot, as are my daughters and wife, and they are all well versed ii gun safety.

you would be surprised at how many liberals I knew who thought it was silly not to let my kids play with guns.

You would be surprised how many Libs I knew freaked out when I gave my son his Marlin 39T for his 12th Christmas.

Disposable Heart

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.6%
    246   1   1
    Apr 18, 2008
    Greenfield, IN

Same here. No toy guns, no plastic guns, no Nerf Weapons. I did pick up a water pistol at one point and my dad literally made me keep the water in the cabinet downstairs with the rest of the ammo. Seriously, bottled water next to box after box of .38... Weapon separate. Only loaded gun in the house was in the upstairs dresser drawer for home defense. Every other one was unloaded and stored separate from ammo.

Then again, my father also made me keep shooting until I could group within 3 inches off hand with a Smith model 15 with crappy milsurp (yep, still have a bunch of it too!!) .38 military ball ammo. That was a long afternoon, but did it!! :rockwoot:

My father was very strict on gun safety (and having been in Vietnam) was adamant I knew the consequences of firearms (not toys, people don't get back up like in the movies unless they are very lucky or you are a bad shot). Consequently, with his constant barrage of "how deadly firearms are", he didn't like me playing video games (unless it was car stuff). Adversely, the first shooting game I played, I paused it after killing the first "bad guy" and immediantly felt remorse and even guilt. Didn't hesitate, just bang and ughhhh.... My dad asked me what was wrong and I said, "I just killed a guy, I don't feel good..." I actually felt sick, my mind going back to pictures he had from Vietnam of guys with their guts everywhere, etc... I was geniunely sick at what I had done in the game. He responded, "Well, was he threatening you?" I said, "Yeah." Therein, he went into a speech about how sometimes you might have to use force to protect yourself, your family or your nation. I felt much better and can play games again... :D

To this day, I hate games that have indiscriminate killing, such as Grand Theft Auto and such. I play a few games here and there (love the story lines they have now!!), but still feel bad about some of the more indiscriminate ones.

Kids today don't have parents telling them what's what in the world. Despite common sense and good parenting, good parents only account for such a small amount of people. The rest depend on the schools or everyone else to raise their kids for them... :(

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    I wonder what his magazine capacity is on that? May have to seize his weapon!

O is holidng a nerf gun and an older model I think but it's similar to the buzz bee toys air warrior like (ie. aka clone nerf guns). The Cougar ([ame=http://www.amazon.com/Buzz-Toys-Warriors-Cougar-Blaster/dp/B00919R572/ref=sr_1_22?s=toys-and-games&ie=UTF8&qid=1360243149&sr=1-22&keywords=Buzz+Bee+Toys]Amazon.com: Buzz Bee Toys Air Warriors Cougar Foam Dart Blaster: Toys & Games[/ame]) can hold a magazine with 10 darts. So O is "safe" since he does not have a "high cap" dart gun. :)

That's what I was thinking. Is high capacity on a water gun > 2oz.? Wouldn't want to possibly be able to use all of that capacity to waterboard someone.

"high capacity" water guns would contain more then 3.4 oz of water.
    Per TSA rules for carry ons.
    3-1-1 for Carry-ons | Transportation Security Administration
    :D

miguel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Oct 24, 2008
    16T
    The real proof he goes shooting all the time, without ear pro -- he is ****ing deaf to our cries to be left alone!

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    GlockFrenzy
    Top Bottom