• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    Anyone happen to catch this? It was on last Tuesday evening, and has been on several times in the past.

Linkage:
    Prophets of Doom | Watch Free Documentary Online

Several "top thinkers" discuss different scenarios that will/may lead to the collapse of the US (or more). The main point isn't that any one issue will get us, but that several are coming to a head at the same time. A few issues are ones that we here in the midwest just don't tend to think about (water shortages, for instance).

Even if you don't agree with some (or any) of these guys, it does get you thinking. What should we (and our kids) be prepared for?

OneShotFOGE

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 4, 2013
    Lafayette, Indiana
    I watched it. It was entertaining. I put a lot of stock in Michael Rupert. If you want to hear more about him, he has a documentary called "Collapse" that is incredible. Its eye opening and unnerving. Give it a shot. It used to be on Netflix, but they took it down. Pretty sure you can watch on youtube.

in_betts

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 16, 2009
    North of FW
    I really think the more interesting point is the difference in what will be the "defining moment" for us all. Is it the Economy, Currency, Nationality, Morality, Energy, Climate???? The most likely answer to those questions is...................yes.....................in varying degrees, it all matters. The difference is where are YOU when the lights go out?

erice1984

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 1, 2012
    South Carolina
    I really think the more interesting point is the difference in what will be the "defining moment" for us all. Is it the Economy, Currency, Nationality, Morality, Energy, Climate???? The most likely answer to those questions is...................yes.....................in varying degrees, it all matters. The difference is where are YOU when the lights go out?

I completely agree. What chills me more is I am studying computer engineering. I'll be damned if I contribute to AI/robots taking over.

OneShotFOGE

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 4, 2013
    Lafayette, Indiana
    I think most of those are linked. I believe an economic collapse is certainly possible and I think the end of cheap oil will usher it in. The dollar is now backed by oil rather than gold and as it runs out, itll be inflated. Inflation is already occurring and the economy will suffer for both of those issues.

Top Bottom