• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Boomstick

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 11, 2011
    Jeffersonville, IN
    Irionic, Bob built this range, and the berms are huge because the Clark Co LE center range is now PISTOl ONLY since they raised enough crap with the state park close by......no clue how they want their S.O.U. snipers to train?????? Freaking nuts

Jack Burton

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 9, 2008
    NWI
    On a lighter note my son loves going down there to shoot balloons that we hang on an old wooded stand. An 8 year old with a single shot .22. That must be the dish rattling assault weapons the neighbors are hearing.

Have you ever filled the balloons with a tablespoon of baking flour before blowing them up? Talk about a "reactive" target. Your son will think he dropped an artillery bomb on the range.

Jack Burton

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 9, 2008
    NWI
    It would seem to me that the county would have a difficult time explaining why a property owner could not invite his buddies over to participate in a fully legal activity.

Perhaps they would want to start in shutting down Superbowl parties next. Or Saturday night poker games. Home Bible studies?

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    Perhaps they would want to start in shutting down Superbowl parties next. Or Saturday night poker games. Home Bible studies?
    I'm sure nothing would make them happier than to do just that. The few morons I've had the displeasure of dealing with at the county building were absolutely the most arrogant people I've met.

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    Irionic, Bob built this range, and the berms are huge because the Clark Co LE center range is now PISTOl ONLY since they raised enough crap with the state park close by......no clue how they want their S.O.U. snipers to train?????? Freaking nuts

I was thinking about this. Bob has mentioned setting up training courses for officers where they shot their pistols and a .22 conversion in ARs. I thought it strange that they were not shooting .223 in the carbines. Pistol Only range, makes sense now. No wonder he wanted his own place. They have the tools and no place to practice with them.

Additionally a lot of ranges do not allow NFA items. The conservation club I belong to is one of them. So I suppose that MP5 in the video is a no go as well. What about the can on the. 308? :rolleyes:

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    I'm sure nothing would make them happier than to do just that. The few morons I've had the displeasure of dealing with at the county building were absolutely the most arrogant people I've met.

Truer words were never spoken. The reason they are arrogant is they are third and fourth generation beneficiaries of the fruits of nepotism.

"You give me any sass and I'll tell my Papaw on you and you'll never work in this county again!!"

Josh Ward

Master
    Rating - 100%
    81   0   0
    Feb 13, 2008
    Fortville/Greenfield
    What a bunch of horse ****.

Hancock Co isn't much better.....they think they have the right to tell folks what they are "allowed" to do on their own property. Pisses me off to no end.

Steeler

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 19, 2008
    Clark county
    I live about a half mile from this guys property. While I never thought I would find myself opposing a 2a issue, I fully understand the neighbors complaints. I've heard the shooting going on all day on the weekends. Can't speak for weekdays as I'm at work.

I know how it looks from afar, and on tv. We live here.
    I can't believe the county can't get these guys the range they need, ridiculous.

I'm sure I will be the bad guy here and thats ok, but I dont know of any gun ranges that have houses that close, and they are much closer than the satellite image makes it appear.

Steeler

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 19, 2008
    Clark county
    One other point I would like to make. This is a small, quiet community. Most residents have lived here for a long time. I don't know anyone that knows this guy, so I think some of the neighbors just dont like the idea of a stranger coming in and changing the dynamics of the area.

There was not one person in the area that supported this rezoning.

DRob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Aug 2, 2008
    Southside of Indy
    Scratching my head

So the board refused to rezone the property for a range? Am I wrong or does that simply mean he can't operate a commercial range at that location? Everybody in the video agreed it's legal for him to shoot on his property. I think the folks who wanted him shut down got poked in the eye and don't know it!

Invite 'em all over for a cookout! Certainly the conversation will turn to the range which would be the perfect time to say, "wanta' walk down and take a look at it?"

harb7676

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2012
    Southern Indiana
    I live about a half mile from this guys property. While I never thought I would find myself opposing a 2a issue, I fully understand the neighbors complaints. I've heard the shooting going on all day on the weekends. Can't speak for weekdays as I'm at work.

I think the point everyone is making is the people opposed are idiots because they threw away their ability to control when he shoots..

Honestly I'd love to shoot there. Maybe get 20 or so buddies and fire off a bunch of Mosins at the same time. It would be a great time! Maybe some "assault weapons" :ar15:
    I shoot all the time at my house with people in the surrounding area. One person has complained once. Heck most of my neighbors shoot on their property.

Steeler

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 19, 2008
    Clark county
    I think the point everyone is making is the people opposed are idiots because they threw away their ability to control when he shoots..

Honestly I'd love to shoot there. Maybe get 20 or so buddies and fire off a bunch of Mosins at the same time. It would be a great time! Maybe some "assault weapons" :ar15:
    I shoot all the time at my house with people in the surrounding area. One person has complained once. Heck most of my neighbors shoot on their property.

I beleive he has been cited twice already, for exactly what I`m not sure.

Nobody is going to complain about occasional shooting, everybody shoots out here.

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    I beleive he has been cited twice already, for exactly what I`m not sure.

Nobody is going to complain about occasional shooting, everybody shoots out here.

I am unaware of Bob ever being cited for anything. There are actually no laws or ordinances being broken. You are correct that there are gun shots all the time down there. There are actually two "ranges" on that same the road. One of which is on another one of my friends property. So not everything people hear is coming from the property in question. But no doubt the property in in question is a major contributor.

DRob you are correct that he can not operate a commercial range. To do so would be in violation of zoning.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom