• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • IndyMonkey

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2010
    Anything that annoys you will be compounded by 10. (my kids leave there shoes laying around and it drives me nuts, only 12 more years)

Plus they will eat your Oreo cookies.

IndianaSlim

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    No, No, No, No, absolutely not and &*(&#^*)) NO!!

I think it should be illegal to have a roomate after the age of 22. Annoying, don't pay bills, annoying, eat your food, annoying, get in your way, go through your ****, annoying, park in your spot, annoying, wierd hours, WIERD friends, REALLY WIERD family, bad habits, bad music, bad hygene, bad teeth, bad hair, bad taste.....phew...I could keep going if you want!

If you're really serious about it and think it's the best for you, write up a contract that you can get out of at any time. Also, maybe look into running a credit report on them? Could bring out any skeletons in their closets.

Good luck!

Fletch

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 19, 2008
    Oklahoma
    Lay down the expectations in writing, in advance. Include "escape clauses" that trigger if it's just not working out.

Lucas156

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 20, 2009
    Greenwood
    only with a background and credit check and strict lease trust me don't cut the corners on this one unless you want to live with someone that steals from you.

Knife Lady

PROUD TO BE AN ARMY BRAT
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 1, 2010
    Central USA
    I would say NO. Way too many reasons to explain. If you odnt have a good friend in mind then again NO and even then they may not still be a good friend after it is all said and done. Find a gf and let her move in and she can help pay half of the bills or some of them plus you will get some worth while benefits. :D

Naptown

Master
    Rating - 100%
    70   0   0
    Dec 8, 2008
    Fishers, IN
    It's tough if you don't know them now. It's a lot easier if it's a friend from HS or college that you can know what to expect. The whole "pot luck" thing is tough - I couldn't do it. I would have to have similarities, trust and prior knowledge of the past.

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    Don't do it, they'll NEVER leave.

I'd love to kick out one of my two roommates, but if the one left, I'd see the other much less...Then there's the whole child support issue.

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

hoosiertriangle

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 17, 2008
    Avon, IN
    The key is knowing them before and them knowing completely who has power in the context. I don't have any contract written with my current roommate. We have a verbal agreement and that is sufficient. My last two have been this way and they both have worked out well. Again, the key was I knew them well before and they knew I was in control. I would almost NEVER have a random as a roommate.

gohard43

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 16, 2010
    Northside Indy
    Dishes, extra dirty bathroom, have to buy more toilet paper every week, more trash, and like everyone else has said above, its a hassle. Do you have a close friend that you know extremely well in mind? I'd side with letting the girlfriend move in with you (if you have one)

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    I'd say find a random guy a the bar that you get along with. Move him in and head out to the bar nightly to do some hoggin'. Everyone needs a good wingman. I'd suggest someone that is in shape because depending on the night of the week and the bars you pick, you might need someone with a strong back(or a forklift).

You don't want to do this with a good friend. It might be a little weird pulling off an Eiffel Tower with a good friend and a really fat chick.

Top Bottom