• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • GIJEW

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    kudos to him for being open minded enough to try on the PD perspective and then reexamine his opinion. That can be hard to find sometimes

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    On a similar note, non-LEO's can use this kind of equipment at a new place at I69/96th St next to Home Depot, Poseidon Experience. They have a MILO system that allow you to do the same thing. Neat stuff.

David D

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2013
    New Albany area
    It's far easier to shout from the mountain top and play the role of "community organizer / activist" than it is to actually reserch the issue and honestly attempt to rationally assess real life situations. I will have to give this gentleman credit for now seeing the error of his ways (at least on this one issue).

GNRPowdeR

Master
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Oct 3, 2011
    Bartholomew Co.
    "...officer deescalation and citizen compliance is the answer. Middle ground"

Glad he has a more informed opinion to share with the World.

OakRiver

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2014
    IN
    Kudos for him to actually being open minded enough to educate himself on what he was protesting.

Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    On a similar note, non-LEO's can use this kind of equipment at a new place at I69/96th St next to Home Depot, Poseidon Experience. They have a MILO system that allow you to do the same thing. Neat stuff.

My BiL bought into a training company in Sandusky, OH. They have one of these things as well. They do a lot of training with it for both LEO and average joes.

Mark 1911

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jun 6, 2012
    Schererville, IN
    Goes to show that its always easy to criticize someone until you step into their shoes. Maybe its not so clear after all when your the one who's under attack.

Last edited:

looney2ns

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 2, 2011
    Evansville, In
    Local tv station did a special on the 17 weeks of training new popo get for Evansville. Several recruits decided the job was not for them after they spent time learning how to defend themselves with live hand to hand training.

wally05

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    Local tv station did a special on the 17 weeks of training new popo get for Evansville. Several recruits decided the job was not for them after they spent time learning how to defend themselves with live hand to hand training.

Was that through their own dept training or for the southern police academy?

GIJEW

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Haven't heard of a 'MILO system', is that an interactive video, shoot/no shoot program?

87iroc

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 25, 2012
    Bartholomew County
    On a similar note. Familiy and I are working our way through the show 'Blue Bloods' on Netflix. Tom Selleck, fairly kid friendly cop show. My 9 yr old likes it other than one episode she got scared on.

Anyway...there was a activist wanting a new recruit fired from the police force. Selleck(he plays NY Police Commissioner) put her through a simulation training course thing<technical term>. She changed her mind about wanting the recruit fired. Selleck was showing her how the mind changes when you're under stress. I immediately thought of the protesters right now. Glad to see they are doing this to try to show folks willing that things change under stress.

Top Bottom