PSA Dagger - anyone else have this odd issue removing the slide?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rjcrowder

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 16, 2022
    Noblesville
    Hey PSA Dagger owners... I recently purchased one and it has an odd issue that I'm not used to seeing on Glocks. On a Glock, you pull the trigger, pull the slide back slightly, release the slide lock tabs and then the slide moves forward and off of the pistol. When I do this on the Dagger, the cover plate on the back of the slide catches the crucible on the trigger bar - then you have to pull the trigger again to get the slide to move forward and off. It's just odd. I've never had this issue on a Glock.

I actually thought the trigger bar was bent or something (causing the cover on the back of the slide to catch on it) and sent the gun back to PSA. They told me it's just how the Dagger is - that the slide cover plate just hangs a little lower - and that all of them do it. I don't think it affects the guns function at all (just tear down), so I told them to send it back to me. Are they telling me the truth though? Do all of them have this issue?

Grump01

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 20, 2009
    Madison County
    What does the Owners Manual for the Dagger say about breakdown? I know different makes breakdown differently and even from model to model within makes are different at times.

nucular

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 17, 2012
    Brownsburg
    Try pulling up on the slide when you remove it. I would venture a guess that it is because their fcg is junk. Try to put in a block fcg and see if you still have the issue.

NHT3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    FCG? Please explain.
    If you have to pull the trigger again it must be resetting the trigger. I don't have any problem with disassembly. I would be interesting to handle it and actually experience what is going on. It's a Glock 19 from another daddy but as far as I know all the parts will interchange with factory parts so I can't imagine what is going on.

rjcrowder

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 16, 2022
    Noblesville
    Owners manual shows it working exactly like a Glock. It actually catches on the trigger bar. You just have to depress the trigger a little so the crucible on the bar doesn't catch the slide... Oh well... Haven't taken it to the range yet. If it functions fine I may just trim the little plastic cover on the back of the slide.

nucular

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 17, 2012
    Brownsburg
    FCG? Please explain.
    If you have to pull the trigger again it must be resetting the trigger. I don't have any problem with disassembly. I would be interesting to handle it and actually experience what is going on. It's a Glock 19 from another daddy but as far as I know all the parts will interchange with factory parts so I can't imagine what is going on.
    The whole trigger assembly, crucible, sear, trigger bar, etc. Is just low quality. I had all kinds of issues with mine until I put an OEM block lower parts kit in.

KokomoDave

Enigma Suspect
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    76   0   0
    Oct 20, 2008
    Kokomo
    I replaced Uralguy's trigger assembly with a spare Apex that I had laying around. It is made for the Gen 3 version of Glock. It made a huge difference. The PSA trigger assembly felt inferior on closer examination.

BrassBandit

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 10, 2016
    Brownsburg
    I replaced Uralguy's trigger assembly with a spare Apex that I had laying around. It is made for the Gen 3 version of Glock. It made a huge difference. The PSA trigger assembly felt inferior on closer examination.
    I’ve been debating one of the Daggers but waiting for Gen 2 or 3. Your comment doesn’t surprise me, they have to cut costs somewhere. I generally have a love/hate relationship with PSA. Love what they do and usually ok quality but you just never know how QC will be and it seems they get parts from wherever the cheapest place was that week (ie. AR build kit parts).

zachcz

CZ is just better.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Jul 2, 2019
    Shelbyville
    No problems at all out of the two that I’ve bought. Most things I’ve seen in most National forums or Facebook groups I would almost bet if was failures due to incompetent people putting in aftermarket parts.

I haven’t measured or compared the plates but maybe worth doing to see if they are a hair longer. This isn’t something I’ve seen on the largest psa dagger group I’m in, so I’m assuming not a wide spread issue if an issue at all

Ruger_Ronin

Turkey Herder
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 22, 2017
    Outer Heaven
    Hey PSA Dagger owners... I recently purchased one and it has an odd issue that I'm not used to seeing on Glocks. On a Glock, you pull the trigger, pull the slide back slightly, release the slide lock tabs and then the slide moves forward and off of the pistol. When I do this on the Dagger, the cover plate on the back of the slide catches the crucible on the trigger bar - then you have to pull the trigger again to get the slide to move forward and off. It's just odd. I've never had this issue on a Glock.

I actually thought the trigger bar was bent or something (causing the cover on the back of the slide to catch on it) and sent the gun back to PSA. They told me it's just how the Dagger is - that the slide cover plate just hangs a little lower - and that all of them do it. I don't think it affects the guns function at all (just tear down), so I told them to send it back to me. Are they telling me the truth though? Do all of them have this issue?

No knock, but you are more than likely pulling the slide to far rearward upon initial breakdown. Try pulling back no more than 1/16".

Use the guide rod as a visual, if you see the shaft clearly you're too far back

zachcz

CZ is just better.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Jul 2, 2019
    Shelbyville
    No knock, but you are more than likely pulling the slide to far rearward upon initial breakdown. Try pulling back no more than 1/16".

Think you hit mail on head. I bet op is going too far back abd resetting trigger. Just grabbed both of mine and come right apart but if it pull slide too far it does what he’s saying. Assuming Glocks do to?

Ruger_Ronin

Turkey Herder
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 22, 2017
    Outer Heaven
    Think you hit mail on head. I bet op is going too far back abd resetting trigger. Just grabbed both of mine and come right apart but if it pull slide too far it does what he’s saying. Assuming Glocks do to?

Not entirely sure for Glock. If so then maybe more forgiving for this? I've always just barely pulled back. May check one tomorrow.

I recreated this error multiple times earlier today to confirm this "malfunction" in a Dagger. This is entirely operator induced.

rjcrowder

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 16, 2022
    Noblesville

Nope checked many times. In addition I'd add that the trigger is not reset on the second pull... It just gets caught and the bar needs to drop.

Jay Gnome

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2022
    Indianapolis

I have a dagger slide on my home made glock and have the same issue, I think it has something to do with the fitment of the rails being loose plus the trigger being a little raised up. I don't see any extra wear or anything on it so I wouldn't worry about it, even if it may be annoying.

rjcrowder

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 16, 2022
    Noblesville
    I have a dagger slide on my home made glock and have the same issue, I think it has something to do with the fitment of the rails being loose plus the trigger being a little raised up. I don't see any extra wear or anything on it so I wouldn't worry about it, even if it may be annoying.
    Thanks - that's good to know.

223 Gunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    201   0   0
    Jan 7, 2009
    Red Sector A
    I haven't had that issue, but something catches when I am putting the slide back on. It's very minor and if "wiggle" the slide a little is lines up and goes back on.
    At first I thought it was just me. Now I know if may not just be me.
    None the less, cool pistol at the price point. I love my Dagger.

Top Bottom