• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ModernS30

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 16, 2012
    Camby, Indiana
    What scares me about ordering from PSA right now are a couple of things. No indication when if ever something will ship after placing the order and I believe a 20% cancellation fee if you decide you have waited long enough and wish to purchase elsewhere. Does PSA charge your card the moment the order is placed or when it ships?

I ordered an upper when it was in stock status. Shipped in a weeks time, received two days later. They charge at the moment of order.

As for polymer lower, I can't really put too much into that conversation because I haven't fired it yet, but I have a new frontier LW-15 complete. Yes, my hammer, trigger, and the majority of the components are polymer. It is a little beefed up in the rear around the extension threads, it fits extra tight on the upper and I like that. The bolt catch, roll pins, and of course springs and buffer assembly are all metal. The rest is polymer, and I actually quite like it. The trigger feel's really nice for a lower that WAS going for less than $150 complete. Claimed 4.5 lb pull but I have not tested.

shootersix

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    I dont see them as having any advantage.

I understand it in the world of pistols where probably 75% of the weight of a pistol comes from the frame, but in a rifle like the AR you hang so much stuff off the receiver, that the weight savings really aren't that significant.

Plus, when police/military start using poly lowers and really putting them through their paces I'll give them more of a look.

no idea on the HK, but if its not an M16/AR style rifle then apples vs. oranges.

im not planning on taking it into battle, ive got a s&w for that:ar15:, i was planning on a poly lower, pencil bbl, lightweight stock and handguards, you know the ultimate lightweight(and inexpensive) rifle, but my daughter who this rifle is for, wants something different

I dont hate them, mine was not perfect, but it will work for that purpose. I was just saying there is no way I would build a SBR on one becasue of the engraving. I highly doubt you can engrave a poly lower.

hope you didnt think i was directing my comment at you, i just hear people bashing the poly lowers and wanted to put my .02 in, how could i bash on anybody whos screen name is 42769vette!(the most awesome american car ever made!) plus when the ati lower is done(and the other s&w lower for my other daughter), ill need some glass for them! and who better to call than a ingo member!

42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    im not planning on taking it into battle, ive got a s&w for that:ar15:, i was planning on a poly lower, pencil bbl, lightweight stock and handguards, you know the ultimate lightweight(and inexpensive) rifle, but my daughter who this rifle is for, wants something different

hope you didnt think i was directing my comment at you, i just hear people bashing the poly lowers and wanted to put my .02 in, how could i bash on anybody whos screen name is 42769vette!(the most awesome american car ever made!) plus when the ati lower is done(and the other s&w lower for my other daughter), ill need some glass for them! and who better to call than a ingo member!

No I didnt think you were directing your comment at me, I just noticed noone commented on Echelon's question about engraving a poly lower sbr except me, and I used your comment to post my thoughts again:D

Top Bottom