• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dentoro

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 16, 2010
    Fairland
    I’ve really got an itch to scratch with this gun. I don’t know why I’m so dang drawn to it. I’ve tried for months to let it go. Does anyone have one on here have one that can give me some first hand experience so I let it go? It looks like a solid performer with good solid options. Do any local central Indiana stores have one to buy? What say you INGO?

ACC

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    134   0   1
    Mar 7, 2012
    N. Side of Indy
    I have no experience with one but I have been interested in a 5.7 pistol since I got a P90. I’ve looked at the FN, the Ruger and the PSA. FN is too pricey. Ruger is decent but no threaded barrel. PSA Offers it all at a great price.

MAC thinks the PSA is the best 5.7 gun if Tim’s opinion holds any weight with you.

two70

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Feb 5, 2016
    Johnson
    Not yet, I'm waiting on the frame I bought from PSA recently when they were selling Dagger and Rock frame combos for $170 to arrive. Then I'll wait until I catch a complete optics ready slide on sale.

NHT3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Check with Parabellum in Avon.. He told me he has some 57s coming in, with and without optics. They keep Daggers in stock and I know they just got a few JAKLs in the last few days.
    Parabellum is my go to for PSA stuff. After figuring shipping and transfer I can usually buy as cheap there as direct from PSA.

Last edited:

Mounty09

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 12, 2010
    Noblesville
    Only shot about 10 rounds through the gun yesterday as we were in a hurry. Shoots really nice. Sights do need adjusted some and he hasn't put on the Holosun that came with it yet. It wouldn't cycle with my suppressor but did make it pretty quiet compared to unsuppressed.

Dentoro

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 16, 2010
    Fairland
    Only shot about 10 rounds through the gun yesterday as we were in a hurry. Shoots really nice. Sights do need adjusted some and he hasn't put on the Holosun that came with it yet. It wouldn't cycle with my suppressor but did make it pretty quiet compared to unsuppressed.
    Did he buy it locally or order it?

zachcz

CZ is just better.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Jul 2, 2019
    Shelbyville
    I saw a couple reviews from just handling it at shot show that said the smith was horrible feeling. I’ve been wanting a 5.7 and have been eyeing the psa one but they just announced a compact model of it at shot show yesterday along with some other things that look interesting. Five years ago I would never have thought I’d buy anything psa but they are quickly changing my mind.

Bob2

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 24, 2010
    Did he buy it locally or order it?
    Im the dad. Ordered online and a fairly local shop does $20 transfers.

I think its a pretty sweet gun, have put 2 mags through it. Not quite as good looking as the Ruger, but I've been looking at these 5.7 for about 4 years now, since the Ruger came out. I just couldn't get myself to buy one. Then I see PSA's with optic, threaded barrel and 2 mags for $600, finally pulled the trigger.

Attachments

• 20221228_202044.jpg
      20221228_202044.jpg
      631.7 KB · Views: 14

two70

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Feb 5, 2016
    Johnson
    I’m debating whether or not to get the S&W 5.7 or the rock. Does anyone know how long it typically takes for S&W to go from release to store shelves?
    I haven't followed any of Smith's releases all that closely prior to this one but my impression is that it varies quite a bit. I'd imagine that this pistol will be very popular so it may be quite some time before you can walk in your local gun shop and find one on the shelf.

Matt47336

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 25, 2023
    Fishers
    I haven't followed any of Smith's releases all that closely prior to this one but my impression is that it varies quite a bit. I'd imagine that this pistol will be very popular so it may be quite some time before you can walk in your local gun shop and find one on the shelf.
    That's what I was afraid of. From all the stuff I've heard from different people, it seems it'll be a very popular handgun. I've been checking my email every hour to see if there are any updates on it getting released or an ETA.

two70

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Feb 5, 2016
    Johnson
    That's what I was afraid of. From all the stuff I've heard from different people, it seems it'll be a very popular handgun. I've been checking my email every hour to see if there are any updates on it getting released or an ETA.
    I just checked Gunbroker, and there are 3 listed already. One of those is located in Lafayette but unfortunately it is already bid up to $900 with over 4 days to go.

Stoner66

Knife Guy
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 3, 2023
    Troy, OH
    I have one with suppressor height sights It's very lightweight fully loaded, has an excellent trigger, and ccw's superbly in an IWB NERD brand kydex holster. The Rock points as natural as a 1911 too. Overall a great handgun

Top Bottom