• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • vedearduff

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 15, 2011
    Central Indiana
    Just thought I'd post a bit about my PTR-91 Classic.

The availability of spare parts and magazines for this rifle are fairly good to great. Just have a look at HK Parts or RTG Parts to see what I mean about the spare parts. And I know where I can get magazines for $1.80 each, shipping included. Of course I have to order 100 to get that price. That's ok, I'd be lucky to get 10 mags for the same $180.00 for any of the other candidates I was considering (M1A, DSA FAL, some AR variant).

So far, I have 120 flawless rounds through this rifle.

Here are a few photos.

First, the rifle as received.
    PTR-91asreceivedWEB_zps8bb40716.jpg

Next, with the collapsible stock.
    PTR-91withParaStockWEB_zps027552a1.jpg

A close up of the receiver area showing the steel lower and wood hand grip that replaced the Navy polymer lower.
    SteelLowerCloseup_zps024f66c8.jpg

And last, an overall shot with the steel lower.
    PTR-91withSteelLowerandWoodGrip_zpscd39d8b6.jpg

Next on the agenda, a few coats of True Oil for the stock and hand guard to make them more closely match the wood hand grip. The grip was made by a member of another forum. Then, I'll add a paddle magazine release.

The rifle was on at 50 yards out of the box. Using the 200 meter aperture and shooting PMC Bronze (147 gr FMJBT), I was getting 1.5 to 2 inch groups (standing, off hand) when I did my part.

rob63

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    Thanks for the photos and range report. I looked at them at the NRA convention and am now saving my pennies for one. I also want the wood, looks great!
    Does the new wood grip you got just slide over the existing pistol grip? Tell me more about that conversion. How well does the new pistol grip fit your hand? TIA!

Psode27

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 23, 2011
    Rochester
    Nice looking rifle, love the wood! I wish my CETME was a PTR! Love the cheap mags! I think I ordered 25 before I even owned the rifle, I figured it would happen eventually, so might as well have some mags stocked up right? :)

vedearduff

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 15, 2011
    Central Indiana
    I need another GayDry Klone like I need another hole in my head. But, maaaaannnnn, did I drool over the PTR display at the NRA meeting.

Nice looking weapon, ved.
    Thanks. Once I have a chance to work the stock and hand guard over with a few coats of True Oil, I'll post a few photos to update this thread.

Top Bottom