• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    It'll shipped in for repairs as of tonight. We'll see just how quickly I hear back from them.

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    Update: The tracking # shows that the package had been delivered at their facility today.

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    Update: I called and talked with Jenni in customer service. She said that they are 10-12 weeks out from the time the gun was received to the time they send it back out the door. Right now that puts me at getting this rifle back at the very end of July to early August range. I asked if they were receiving many of these rifles back for repairs and she said that she hardly ever gets these back. We'll see how it goes.

pute62

Master
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 29, 2009
    Lawrence
    Jenni is a sweetheart but she has also been known to lie. I do understand though,since she seems to be the only one who runs the place/answers the phones/that you get to talk to. (When you get thru)

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    Update: On 7-9 I was emailed a tracking #from Chiappa. Supposedly it's been delivered to my place today. I will confirm when I get home.

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    It was at the house when I got home that day. I have worked the action and it seems like it'd be fixed. I won't feel confident that its 100% safe until I've worked the action pretty hard many times with a few different rounds loaded in it. I haven't gotten a chance to do that yet so I haven't been able to report back for sure that it's been fixed or not.

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    Last night I got the rifle out for the first time with some live ammo. I was hoping the problem was fixed. Not so much. Looks like I'll be sending it back to Chiappa again. At this point I'd rather just have my money back than keep screwing around with a rifle I'll ultimately have no confidence in. In addition to having the rifle fire when closing the action, I also had light primer strikes and a couple rounds that took me pulling the hammer back and firing again several times. I sent it in to them with one problem and it was returned to me "fixed" with the same problem and another one on top of that.

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    After the email I sent them yesterday I'm interested in hearing their response. If they don't seem to care too much about it I have no problem reporting it on the BBB. I get that it's a cheap gun, but I can't understand for the life of me why they wouldn't at least want it to be safe. This is the kind of gun a kid is more likely to be allowed to use and that's scary.

katou1811

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 10, 2014
    Canada
    I recently bought a brand new Chiappa Little Badger and last night for the first time I got a chance to get it out and start to put it through its paces. It's a break action single shot 22lr and when closing the action to be ready to fire we had SEVERAL misfires/slam fires. I don't know if others have reported similar problems with the rifles but I wanted to at least get the word out in case anyone was considering buying one.

Hello Teddy. Scuse me for my english, i'm french. Recently i bought a chiapas double badger .22 .410 and when my boyfriend closed the action, we have a misfire too. the bullet ''exploded'' straight in the chamber. No injury, i reassure you...Only a sparks on his face. We are scared to death. The cartridge (.22) was completely deformed.. We returned the chiapas to the store and the seller returned all the chiapas. He will never buy chiapas anymore...it's terrible...

wolfman

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 5, 2008
    S Side Indy
    I seriously doubt this is a firing pin problem, more likely an action clearance issue. My guess is that when the action is being closed, it is "pinching" the bottom edge of the rim, setting it off just as an impact to the rim would, if it were the firing pin, and this is why you are not seeing pin marks on some of the rounds that fire when the action is being closed.

See if you can get your money back and don't look back.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Hello Teddy. Scuse me for my english, i'm french. Recently i bought a chiapas double badger .22 .410 and when my boyfriend closed the action, we have a misfire too. the bullet ''exploded'' straight in the chamber. No injury, i reassure you...Only a sparks on his face. We are scared to death. The cartridge (.22) was completely deformed.. We returned the chiapas to the store and the seller returned all the chiapas. He will never buy chiapas anymore...it's terrible...

Welcome to ingo....

yepthatsme

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 16, 2011
    Right Here

Welcome to INGO. Glad to hear no one was hurt.

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    The last thing I did was get another shipping label from Chiappa and I just couldn't bring myself to send the rifle back to them. Last time I sent the rifle back like I should have and they didn't fix anything and only made a bad rifle worse. It just sits in the gun cabinet now. I'm so disgusted with the thing even if they did fix it I wouldn't trust it in the hands of anyone I know or love. The rifle is dead to me. I don't want it to get into the hands of someone who doesn't know it's pure junk. jI may just end up using it as a stick in the fire pit. I'm just completely disgusted with the rifle and how Chiappa said they'd fixed it.

Top Bottom