• ...and so much more!
  • jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Everyone has to complain. How we gonna have progress if everyone says, “Not in my back yard!” If you don’t want people peeing in the streets, you have to do your fair share. Put a urinator in your back yard. We’re all in this together.

Wait. We need to redesign the urinator. The current design is sexist and especially transphobic. How is [STRIKE]she[/STRIKE] he gonna pee in that?

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Everyone has to complain. How we gonna have progress if everyone says, “Not in my back yard!” If you don’t want people peeing in the streets, you have to do your fair share. Put a urinator in your back yard. We’re all in this together.

Wait. We need to redesign the urinator. The current design is sexist and especially transphobic. How is [STRIKE]she[/STRIKE] he gonna pee in that?

Maybe San Francisco will be installing open air facilities to take care of their "problem".

hopper68

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Nov 15, 2011
    Pike County

It also discriminates against the vertically challenged.

When does one get placed across from a school?

Alamo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Texas
    When I was stationed in Germany, there were lots of fests -- not just the big one, the Oktoberfest, but all kinds of little local fests in every little town, several times a year. This, naturally, led to a lot of public beer drinking (out of glasses, too, not paper cups. People didn't steal them). This, naturally, led to a lot of public, err, requirements for dispensing with the after effects.

The solution in many cases was a kind of flatbed utility trailer, parked off at the edge of the fest, with an open trough urinal running lengthwise (sometimes down the middle so there was a trough facing left and another to the right. Generally there was a roof too (hey, it's Germany, it rains a lot), but no walls. A long step ran down each side of the trailer halfway between ground and trailer bed so you could just step up twice and relief was at hand. No privacy dividers, no walls, just fresh air blowing through. Germans love the outdoors.

For some reason the trailer with the sitdowns (and walls) always seemed to be parked a little farther out, I guess so as the ladies scurried by to the sitzpinkler wagon they could check out the local talent.

Alamo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Texas
    Supposedly, there are very few "free" or "open to the public" bathrooms in Paris ... and most of Europe from what I hear.

When I was stationed there 86-92 I traveled quite a bit, and I don't recall restrooms just for the public, except maybe in airports, but then whenever I traveled I was basically eating and drinking my way from place to place, so the bar/restaurant always had one. :) And there were lots of those. Go in, order a beer or a schnapps, down the hatch, drain the dragon.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    I’m going to need Sylvain to explain this one. Are bathrooms that hard to find in Paris?

Supposedly, there are very few "free" or "open to the public" bathrooms in Paris ... and most of Europe from what I hear.

I don't know Paris well enough to tell you but I know there are some 400 free public toilets like that in Paris.

966654--.jpg

They are automatic, self-cleaning and desinfected after each person gets out.

sanisette.jpg

Maybe 400 toilets is not enough and they need more? :dunno:

They have some where you have to insert a coin to open the door but I never had to pay to use a toilet in France, ever (or anywhere else in Europe).
    Maybe tourists don't know where to find the free ones.

They have maps and aps for cellphones to help you find the nearest toilets in Paris.

Besides those toilet cabin thingy in the street you can find many other free toilets in stores, cafés, train stations and other buildings open to the public.

They always had public urinals in Paris by the way, here's one from the 19th century.It's not new.

.ed26-urinoir-halles_m.jpg

Herr Vogel

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2018
    Rossburg
    I can't help but wonder if the problem relates less to the presence of absence of proper facilities and more to the demographics of the city. And I have to laugh at the article's insistence that there's no cause for alarm, it's always been this way. To draw analogy to a problem closer to home, you don't solve the problem of 'used syringes in the streets of San Fransisco' by installing a bunch of collection points, you solve it by getting rid of the heroin addicts. Or rather, by changing the socio-economic climate such that 'being a druggie in San Fransisco' is not incentivised or even feasible.

Second, if the Greenpeace types really cared about sustainability and eco-friendliness and all that fluff, they'd already be pissing into ash piles and hay bales. There's zero waste water, and all of the nitrates, phosphates and so forth get returned right back to the soil. I already do this just to have fertilizer for the garden; granted, I live far enough out in FuddRuck, Nowhere that I can **** of my back porch without anyone raising an eyebrow.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    I don't know Paris well enough to tell you but I know there are some 400 free public toilets like that in Paris.

966654--.jpg

They are automatic, self-cleaning and desinfected after each person gets out.

sanisette.jpg

Maybe 400 toilets is not enough and they need more? :dunno:

They have some where you have to insert a coin to open the door but I never had to pay to use a toilet in France, ever (or anywhere else in Europe).
    Maybe tourists don't know where to find the free ones.

They have maps and aps for cellphones to help you find the nearest toilets in Paris.

Besides those toilet cabin thingy in the street you can find many other free toilets in stores, cafés, train stations and other buildings open to the public.

They always had public urinals in Paris by the way, here's one from the 19th century.It's not new.

.ed26-urinoir-halles_m.jpg
    They had one of these in NYC too

Most big cities are a giant urinal

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    I literally want this for my back yard.

They have ways... there are... devices. Go ahead and google "She wee".

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    We used to have a few expectations of social decorum. Now, the only way to fight urine all over the sidewalk is to put out fancy buckets to p!ss in.

This is not a positive trend.

mensajess

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 12, 2010
    Greenwood
    Last time I was in Europe, about 6-7 years ago, all restrooms were marked as for customers only. Even the local McDonald's had a pay code lock on the door. The farmers market in Nice did have a public facility, underground, and $.25 to use

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    I could stand there all day and not be able to go :(

i sAw a LoT of public urination in Germany in 1995. Guy peed next to my head in front of the Glockenspiel. I was sitting, he was standing. I heard it. He was shirtless wearing lederhosen :rofl:

i marked the scene of the crime here.

upload and share your photos

hopper68

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Nov 15, 2011
    Pike County
    We used to have a few expectations of social decorum. Now, the only way to fight urine all over the sidewalk is to put out fancy buckets to p!ss in.

This is not a positive trend.

Think of the jobs created!!
    [video=youtube;JGfXiIXTpE0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JGfXiIXTpE0[/video]

Alamo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Texas
    I could stand there all day and not be able to go :(

When I gotta go, I gotta go and everybody stand back. I found out I am not terribly shy when at Oktoberfest in Munich where they have some serious bathrooms built on the grounds. These are staffed with cleaning personnel -- all women as far as I could see -- who roamed the bathrooms constantly with scrubber and bucket in hand. They were so fanatically devoted to the job that as I stood at one of the urinals unloading a couple gallons of bier, she stood almost at my elbow, WATCHING INTENTLY, and swooped in as soon as I was finished to tidy the urinal. (No, was not a big thrill, she had the dimensions of a battleship, especially abeam, and she was clearly more interested in the liquid being dispensed, rather than the dispensing equipment.)

Top Bottom