• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • thej27

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 15, 2009
    Crawfordsville
    I would be more than happy to let Puerto Rico in as long as it took California's spot. They already ran their state into the ground so why let them have representatives in congress they will try to do it to the rest of the country.

Rammer

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Apr 23, 2010
    Mishawaka
    One of the main motivations of this I am afraid... Is that they are trying to take away one of the symbols that us conservatives rally around. The flag. If PR becomes a state, we won't be able to keep the same flag. That would be racist. We would have to come up with a new flag.
    Imagine your children pledging to a new flag. A flag that represents America now. Not the America we grew up in. But I guess I shouldn't worry. If we had a new flag... I am sure they will come up with a new pledge.

Rammer

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    One of the main motivations of this I am afraid... Is that they are trying to take away one of the symbols that us conservatives rally around. The flag. If PR becomes a state, we won't be able to keep the same flag. That would be racist. We would have to come up with a new flag.
    Imagine your children pledging to a new flag. A flag that represents America now. Not the America we grew up in. But I guess I shouldn't worry. If we had a new flag... I am sure they will come up with a new pledge.

Rammer
    The flag you're so used to has changed plenty over time. It started out with 13 stars and now has 50. No-one seemed too upset before about it. There are certainly more important things to worry about than the symbol of the government.

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green

Rammer

To easy we add a dang star just like everytime a State has joined the Union...
    The whole Pledge thingy is fairly new in our Country also. It is not an Oath so...

closer

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 24, 2009
    indy
    Just makes sense, Americans don't want it, Puerto Ricans don't want it so yea, let's add another drug infested lawless country into the Union.

Hemingway

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 30, 2009
    Indiana
    I lived in Puerto Rico for years. Every time they had these minor referendums, the pr's soundly fought statehood. Heck, there is even a movement within the island to break free of the US all together. Remember when they rioted enough to throw the Navy out? One of our best bases in the world--Roosevelt Roads.

If you do the numbers, there's no real reason why PR should want to be a state. They get almost the same amount of government aid they would if they became a state yet they pay absolutely no federal income taxes. They get US citizenship without paying taxes.

And believe me, they don't really care who the president is so they don't want the vote.

Their government is so corrupt it makes Chicago look like a bunch of Mormons. They recently invalidated EVERY Puerto Rican birth certificate because it was one of the most forged documents on the planet. Even the PR government couldn't tell which ones were real or not. If you hold a PR birth certificate, it's no longer valid. You have to get a new one.

The police force is crooked, governors are indicted, hundreds of thousands of kilos of cocaine flow through that place every year on the way to the states, and even though it only has 4 million people on the island, it beats New York for the number of murders each year.

There's no reason an American would want to accept them into the Union. They'd be a drain, they threw out the Navy so we can't even use it for what it's supposed to be for--a strategic naval location for protecting the Caribbean and ideal training spot.

As I've said for years, just cut the dead weight lose. If we need a vacation spot that badly, just open up Cuba.

Protest

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2010
    SW Michigan
    Good news - obama is actually a fortune teller.
    He was channeling the future while on the campaign trail.

YouTube - Obama 57 States

This would be 51 - we can squeeze in another 6 or 7 easy from some of the 3rd world :poop:holes around the world that are FULL of eager voters.

Make that 57 come true.

I'ma get my tax check now please. :rolleyes:
    Hmmm, let's see. Guam? Check! U.S. Virgin Islands? Check! Along with Puerto Rico (the Rich Port), that would make 53 states.

We need 4 to go!
    Washington, D.C. could become a state!
    American Samoa could become a state!
    Northern Mariana Islands could become a state!
    C'mon folks, let's make the United States full of win! What could be our 57th state?

Top Bottom