• ...and so much more!
  • KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Gotcha, I'm caught up now :D
    :): He's also the one suggesting that "just because the LEO does'nt know you" is sufficient RAS to confiscate under "officer safety".

It's upthread too but i'm not gonna go back and find it.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    His point is the phrase lawfully owned jeans that LEO can run any hand gun at any time.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    You mean to tell me that just because an officer "doesn't know you" is not enough RAS to take possession of your firearm?

All this "officer safety" confiscation doesn't matter. He can still take possession of your firearm to check and see if it is "legally possessed."

Says so right on the LTCH you signed.
    Just for clarification purposes these two posts were sarcasm related to a discussion upthread.

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    :): He's also the one suggesting that "just because the LEO does'nt know you" is sufficient RAS to confiscate under "officer safety".

It's upthread too but i'm not gonna go back and find it.

Makes perfect sense, that would give LEOs RAS for just about everyone they meet then.. :\

VUPDblue

Silencers Have NEVER Been Illegal !
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township
    Shenanigans. Its illegal to possess any stolen property. That doesn't give LE carte blanche to stop everyone walking on the sidewalk and run the serial numbers on their phone or iPods.

ilitical

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 14, 2014
    Evansville
    You haven't given any support for holding such an opinion, is it something you just randomly adopted?

Oh, so you think opinion is your ally? But you were merely adopted by opinions. I was born in it, molded by it. I didn't see the facts until I was already a man, by then to me it was only blinding. The opinions betray you because they belong to me.

Bunnykid68

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Cave of Caerbannog
    ZXLTT.gif

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    yes, that is my point
    Just curious. Would this opinion that the "lawfully possessed" phrase giving the mandate to take possession and run the numbers be something that a Dept. policy directive pushes or should it be something left up to an individual officer in the field to interpret this "grey area" as such?

Is'nt this after all the objective of the OP to determine exactly what constitutes Dept policy regarding the individual officer"s conduct in the field?'

ilitical

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 14, 2014
    Evansville
    Shenanigans. Its illegal to possess any stolen property. That doesn't give LE carte blanche to stop everyone walking on the sidewalk and run the serial numbers on their phone or iPods.

Agreed. He didn't stop OP because of stolen property. OP was stopped for speeding. The encounter went a slightly different way, as almost all do in one way or another, and the events transpired.

ilitical

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 14, 2014
    Evansville
    Just curious. Would this opinion that the "lawfully possessed" phrase giving the mandate to take possession and run the numbers be something that a Dept. policy directive pushes or should it be something left up to an individual officer in the field to interpret this "grey area" as such?

Is'nt this after all the objective of the OP to determine exactly what constitutes Dept policy regarding the individual officer"s conduct in the field?'

That is a great point. Department by Department would very, Officer discretion comes into play as well.

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    Oh, so you think opinion is your ally? But you were merely adopted by opinions. I was born in it, molded by it. I didn't see the facts until I was already a man, by then to me it was only blinding. The opinions betray you because they belong to me.

That's what I thought.

Frank_N_Stein

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Beech Grove, IN

I need to drink more because I have no idea what you are talking about.

Top Bottom