• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • VUPDblue

Silencers Have NEVER Been Illegal !
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township
    Traffic stops are still bound by Terry. Armed AND DANGEROUS is still a requirement for weapon seizure absent an arrest. I cannot check serial numbers on anything in your possession during a stop unless I have a legal reason to seize them in the first place.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Makes perfect sense, that would give LEOs RAS for just about everyone they meet then.. :\
    Right, and then they can run your numbers to see if your firearm is "lawfully possessed" See how that works? (sarcasm alert)

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    Shenanigans. Its illegal to possess any stolen property. That doesn't give LE carte blanche to stop everyone walking on the sidewalk and run the serial numbers on their phone or iPods.

Traffic stops are still bound by Terry. Armed AND DANGEROUS is still a requirement for weapon seizure absent an arrest. I cannot check serial numbers on anything in your possession during a stop unless I have a legal reason to seize them in the first place.

Right, and then they can run your numbers to see if your firearm is "lawfully possessed" See how that works? (sarcasm alert)

Exactly, and why NOT your iPod, your car stereo, your cell phone. etc etc ad naseum?

ilitical ? Where art thou?

Bunnykid68

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Cave of Caerbannog
    I'll talk about whatever you want or anyone. Just here to chat. Again, this is a forum.

From Google: a place, meeting, or medium where ideas and views on a particular issue can be exchanged.

Guess I should have been more clear, you are still posting and you are waiting on a response from the PM you sent about the item you are interested in.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Exactly, and why NOT your iPod, your car stereo, your cell phone. etc etc ad naseum?

ilitical ? Where art thou?
    It's like this. If an officer wants to make the claim of "officer safety" and take possession of my firearm and then run the numbers after taking possession then there is nothing I can do about that. But I can still question his reasonable articulation that I presented myself as "armed AND dangerous" to fit the requirement.

I still believe, like VUPD stated that the numbers cannot be run, contrary to the "lawfully possessed" phrasing on the LTCH, without first having a legitimate reason to take possession of the firearm in the first place.

Top Bottom