• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • U.S. Patriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    Columbus
    Where is a good source for pulled powder used in mil spec 5.56 ammo? I'm using Varget now for my .223 loads, but if pulled powder is cheaper, I would like to go rout to save some money. Also, where can I find load data for it? Lastly, for those that have or currently use it. Has it been of good quality?

Aszerigan

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    336   0   0
    Aug 20, 2009
    Bean Blossom, IN
    I sell 8# jugs of WC844 (H335) for $85. Half the price of Varget. I have developed load data for you too, if you're interested.

I've sold a dozen jugs on INGO, and it works really well for everyone. I also have WC846 (BLC-2).

U.S. Patriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    Columbus
    I sell 8# jugs of WC844 (H335) for $85. Half the price of Varget. I have developed load data for you too, if you're interested.

I've sold a dozen jugs on INGO, and it works really well for everyone. I also have WC846 (BLC-2).

Awesome, funds are a little tight right now, but I will definitely keep you in mind. How much would it cost to ship it to Columbus? I ask because I do not get up to Indy often.

Skip

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2010
    12 miles from Michigan
    Get a can of BLC-(2) then. Or, make a trip to Profire OR gibrass.com.

gibrass.com, Jeff Bartlett from Owensboro, Kentucky is a GREAT fellow and has been in the industry for a long time. Great guy to deal with and fair prices. There is Pat's Reloading on the web as well as Wideners.

They don't sell 1lb cans of the stuff, and unless Profire will let you fill a can you bring, you are going to have to shell out at least $80 for 8lbs. Start saving now! ;)

I have 8lbs of a Russian 4895, 6lbs of a surplus Unique, 6lbs of IPP (Industrial Pistol Powder) and an 8lb jug of WC820 (uses load data for H110/W296) and that is my go to powder for the 44Mag carbine loads I do.

Sends a 240gr XTP downrange @ 1800fps from most carbines I have. :)

Pulled down or new surplus is the way to go if you want to shoot a lot. Those powders are not unknown. They just don't have published data. The folks that had it first, knew what they were doing with that powder and it can be used very safely.

FWIW

Litlratt

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 17, 2009
    Terre Haute

It's a little faster than what I normally use, but I don't see any reason it wouldn't do well with 69 grain bullets at 100 yards for practice.
    Do you have 3 jugs in stock?

Litlratt

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 17, 2009
    Terre Haute
    It's a little faster than what I normally use, but I don't see any reason it wouldn't do well with 69 grain bullets at 100 yards for practice.
    Do you have 3 jugs in stock?
    Never mind, ordered 6 jugs from Wideners.
    They paid hazmat and shipping is less than what gas would be to drive to Indy and back.

Top Bottom