• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • gamerman

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2013
    OK so after lurking and checking out all the info from the coffee nuts on here I finally did it! Went and bought a Keurig B75 and its seems to be a great investment! Setup and tried it out with some Caribou Sumatra, Southern Sweet Tea and some Iced coffee stuff for the Mrs. and was very impressed.
    So the next problem: trying all the sample coffee I bought today LOL. Thanks for all the helpful info guys!!

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    Ours died about a year in and they sent us a whole new one free. Wife loves it. Don't forget to descale. You can also buy a reusable cup to use whatever blend you want, not just k-cup varieties.

RedneckReject

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 6, 2012
    Indianapolis
    I have the Cuisinart version of it and I LOVE that thing. So much so that it has a name (yes, seriously). Mine came with the reusable cup and it's a life saver when you run out of K-cups. It was by far the best Valentine's Day present I've ever received.

Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    We bought one of those and after enjoying all the variety of flavored coffee cups, we mostly just drank the breakfast blend. We ended up going back to the old drip coffee maker and Maxwell House coffee for daily use. It was fun to try all the special flavors.

Cemetery-man

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 26, 2009
    Bremen
    Like Leo, we eventually migrated back to our Bunn coffeemaker for our daily morning wake-up. I do keep a box of Folgers K-Cups handy for a single cup when I need just one. We now use the Keurig mostly for all the nice hot cocoa blends that are available in K-Cups.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    hence the post at 11:53pm huh ?

im a fan, but be warned i burned 2 up in 2 years and they told me that i need to be using bottled water because my well water is too hard.

Got you beat, I burned up 3 of them!

Drinking my coffee this morning from #4.

Generally I use a drip coffee maker for daily drinking of my brew of choice, use the Keurig when I only am going to want 1 or 2 cups o'joe.

nascarfantoo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Oct 29, 2012
    Western IN
    Love ours. My wife and I can easily enjoy different blends or flavors without making complete pots. Extremely convenient. I purchsed a couple of those inserts so I can use any brand/blend that may not come in the k-cup. This is cheaper but more of a pain to deal with.

dreamer56

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 22, 2009
    Next door in Illinois
    Enjoying a cup right now. I peruse Craigslist looking for the used Keurigs out there - less than half price and so far, good luck with them. If one goes down I got another in the closet, just like guns, you can't have too many.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    Wife loves it. Don't forget to descale. You can also buy a reusable cup to use whatever blend you want, not just k-cup varieties.

I use water that is run through out RO system, but I still descale it once in awhile. I didn't want one, but my Mom surprised me with one as a gift. I use the My K-cup mostly.

When company visits, we use the drip coffee maker unless they just want a cup. Then they can pick from the variety I keep on hand.

I think they are great for people like me that makes one cup of coffee before I leave the house for work. For those that like to drink several cups, the drip is better.

boogieman

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Nov 14, 2009
    under your bed!!!
    I've been using mine daily for 3 years now. I won't use tap water in it though, just buy the gallon jugs at SAMs club. Brew 2 cups of caribou blend every morn plus what other people drink. I would be lost without it now.

Birds Away

ex CZ afficionado.
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Monticello
    My brother just gave me his about a month ago. His family are not coffee drinkers and didn't use it enough. I am hooked. Love the breakfast blends in the morning. Drinking some now.

findingZzero

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 16, 2012
    N WIndy
    I'm a coffee nut. Nobody asked me. I buy green beans from different countries and home roast. Talk about fresh. I hook up a run of dryer vent and vent it from my small roaster to a plexiglas screen replacement for my kitchen casement window. There's a circular hole driled in the Plexiglas and I vent thru that. Been using an I-Roast for the last few years, but u can use an air pop corn popper or even a metal dog bowel if you're desperate. I'm having a cup of El Salvador right now. Keurig would be easier, but I'm a fundamentalist.......

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I am the only coffee drinker in the house. I have looked at these but my drip unit still does fine. I use bottled water in it so it rarely needs any de-scale and coffee always taste's good.
    In comparison to drip, what are the costs of running the new single cup units. I drink 2 or 3 cups in the morning.

gamerman

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2013
    10 o'clock and I'm coffeed out! i bought a ECO CUP to use on a daily basis seeing how me and the Mrs. are one cuppers thru the week.

Top Bottom