• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • nicajack

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 21, 2011
    Miami County
    The first .22 we had as kids was an old Remington gallery special dad found in the basement of a house he bought in Indy. The inner magazine tube was missing and the extractor was worn out. The bore was lousy, also. It was originally chambered in shorts, but the chamber was so worn that Long Rifles fit in it just fine. As it was the only gun we had to shoot, that's what we used. Shot many squirrels, a few rabbits and lots of junk with that old rifle.
    Maybe that is why I have a love of pump .22's. Quite a few on here probably have one or so around and shoot them regularly. I think I have 6 right now. Here are my favorites:
    003.jpg

They are:
    Savage model 1903
    Remington model 12C
    Winchester model 1890
    They all are in great condition with excellent bores and octagon barrels and function perfectly. All shoot long rifle ammo. The Remington and savage will shoot all 3 but the Winchesters only shoot what they are chambered for.
    Come on guys, post some of yours. Gotta love em!:popcorn:

Rollerman

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 1, 2012
    Goshen
    I have a newer Rossi that I bought for my son to learn on about 5 years ago.
    It's nothing special, but a lot of fun to shoot.

2012-03-06_20-17-19_613.jpg

Last edited:

sonovasailor

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Oct 7, 2008
    southport
    My 1st .22 was a Winchester 270 pump. It was stolen back in the early 1980's. I finally found another one at Croy Creek Trader's Fair. I didn't even try to talk him down. I made it mine!

Claddagh

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 21, 2008
    The very first "real" gun I was allowed to shoot was a Winchester pump (most likely a 62A) at a shooting gallery in Santa Cruz, CA when I was about five years old. I've had a 'thing' for pumps ever since.

Currently I have only three, but they see a great deal of use. Two pre-Taurus Rossi M62s (one round bbl., one octagon) and my beloved IMI Timberwolf .357/.38 Spl.

oldschoolevo

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 23, 2012
    ANDERSON
    ya ya have to love them, they where my favor and always will be, they are fun to shoot and very well made. and are cheap to shoot, price is went up on them alot in past few years.

pimpskillet

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2013
    Fort Wayne, IN
    12c.jpg

P1090301.jpg

P1090299.jpg

P1090298.jpg

P1090295.jpg

P1090294.jpg

P1010400.jpg

P1010399.jpg

P1010396.jpg

My grandfather bought mine a longggg time ago new. It's funny how many guys I know that can "shoot" have problems with it... I can take bottle caps off at 100 yards with it.. :)

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    I learned on a bolt gun and that is what I am more comfortable with.

However, found a Remington Fieldmaster for a song at a store closing and could not pass it up. Soooo much fun with .22 Shorts and a grocery bag full of empty cans.:D

Chevyman540

Plinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 23, 2013
    LaPorte
    My first gun was a Remington Fieldmaster 572. Still have it. Bought it back in the late 70's from a hardware store on the southside of Chicago for $79. When I go to a gun show I look for that gun, I've only seen one in the last 10yrs.

pimpskillet

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2013
    Fort Wayne, IN
    Any of you guys figured how to put a cheap little scope on it? I'm afraid to scratch it, and don't want to drill any holes. I'm curious on a bench how tight of a group I can really get with it. :)

ChrisBarnes

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 6, 2012
    Greenfield/Cumberland area
    Yeah I have a post on here about a remington Model 12a that is a family treasure that I just repaired and have got to test fire it here once. I am trying to get to the range to see how this 1928 rifle will shoot. I love the history these items have. Yeah some people tell me to see but I CANNOT sell family history and I cannot wait to hand it down to my Grandson that is turning 1 this month. I love HISTORY in Guns!!!

Shiban

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2013
    My dad has one hanging on his wall that his grandmother gave him. She found it under her bed while cleaning after her husband passed. It shoots fine, but dad would rather keep it up and clean I guess. It's a 1895-1896 Colt Lightning. Beautiful shape.

EDIT: Just got all the info. Serial number says 1895-1896. My great grandfather bought it in 1902 from the Sears and Roebuck catalog.

Last edited:

pimpskillet

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2013
    Fort Wayne, IN
    I can tell you the day it goes to get sold, it will sell for double if it's a known shooter. I was always taught guns were made to be shot. Mine won't go for 15 min without getting cleaned after I finish shooting it... But I make sure to put a 100 rounds or so through it every few years.. :) Just to keep it alive I guess..

Glock4life

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2013
    Elkhart, IN
    Me and my brother shot my dads left handed Winchester 22 growing up as a kid. My brother got the 22 and I got my Great Grandads double barrel shotgun. Brings back great memories.

Top Bottom