• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • =Josh=

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 4, 2015
    West side of Indy
    I'm sure that I'm going to catch all sorts of flack for this, but does it bother anyone else when people don't use any punctuation or capital letters in posts? I'm not talking about one-word or one-line posts. I'm talking about posts that are 2 or more sentences.

I'm not going to pretend that I know everything about grammar and spelling, but I get really irritated by it. I usually find that the offenders are middle-school-aged, which makes me question our education system. But, when I see that it's an adult, I just shake my head and seriously consider approving of legislation to prevent them from polluting the gene pool any further.

17 squirrel

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 15, 2013
    I'll start when my highly educated Doctor and Lawyer start using it...............

Just what we need another punk^uwaition nazi.......***,.......

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Texting has a place in this. My kids were sent to private school and they both graduated. They know and understand the structure of a sentence.
    Since texting has become the norm over actually speaking to someone this has all went into the toilet.
    I will say my use of punctuation has slipped over the years. I mis-use it more these days like.............???????

17 squirrel

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 15, 2013
    Texting has a place in this. My kids were sent to private school and they both graduated. They know and understand the structure of a sentence.
    Since texting has become the norm over actually speaking to someone this has all went into the toilet.
    I will say my use of punctuation has slipped over the years. I mis-use it more these days like.............???????

Wate untill he meats Harleyman_50....... Hahahahahahahaha

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    Used to bother me. Now, I just skip over those posts. If the poster can't make their point clearly, it must not be all that important.

Also note, 'flack' is an alternative spelling for 'flak', and they share most of the same definitions. Just sayin'......

nakinate

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 1, 2013
    Noblesville
    I was gonna write a post about how i cant stand stuck up ppl making normal peeps look bad bcuz they think there smarter but i dont think ill do that just yet bcuz im a bigger person then that.

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    No one is perfect, but that doesn't mean we can't make an effort. I try to use proper spelling, grammar, and punctuation in any written correspondence, whether it be a text to a friend, or a legal report for work.

Some of the reports turned in by my subordinates seriously make me question the current education standards.

nakinate

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 1, 2013
    Noblesville
    No one is perfect, but that doesn't mean we can't make an effort. I try to use proper spelling, grammar, and punctuation in any written correspondence, whether it be a text to a friend, or a legal report for work.

Some of the reports turned in by my subordinates seriously make me question the current education standards.
    ^^^u must be one of them Nazis I hurd about from other ppl on INGO why do u hate freedum?

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    Fun game:

I have a total grammar nazi friend (much more so than I) who is always ranting about the people he works with being all but illiterate. I got ahold of his phone and created some amusing shortcuts...

Now = "meow"
    There = "their"
    To = "2"
    Regardless = "irregardless"
    Saw = "seen"
    Etc.

Being he is an Apple fanboi, these shortcuts are now shared across two iPhones, an iPad, and. MacBook. :)

nakinate

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 1, 2013
    Noblesville
    Fun game:

I have a total grammar nazi friend (much more so than I) who is always ranting about the people he works with being all but illiterate. I got ahold of his phone and created some amusing shortcuts...

Now = "meow"
    There = "their"
    To = "2"
    Regardless = "irregardless"
    Saw = "seen"
    Etc.

Being he is an Apple fanboi, these shortcuts are now shared across two iPhones, an iPad, and. MacBook. :)
    That is fantastic. I never thought about using that as a prank. I will now...........

=Josh=

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 4, 2015
    West side of Indy

:+1:
    I completely agree. At my day job, I work at a huge company and I've done plenty of interviews. I'm always floored when I see resumes that look like they were written by a 10-year-old.

Top Bottom