• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Trooper

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Motive is always difficult to ascertain, sometimes difficult even when you are very close to the case.

We may know later.

horn is right though. Speculation is pointless now.

It has the feel of a very nasty divorce. Love gone bad. I know of nothing that generates that much hate other than two former lovers. Even the Palestinians and the Israel are not that hateful.

Trooper

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    The prosecution revealed that Cousins stabbed, repeatly, Boldt. That was big news. It was not just a shooting but a very violent knife attack that was done with great emotion.

Murder charge filed in Purdue shooting
    Purdue shooting suspect could face up to 65 years

Cousins' mother is a clinical psychlogist, practicing in Warsaw Indiana. The Dayton OH news have also covered this due to his growing up there.

IU, not to be outdone by Purdue, has a student making bombs
    Police: Indiana University student from Danville tried to make bombs

Trooper

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    There are complains that the police were a bit heavy handed, even a bit Gestapo.

http://www.jconline.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=2014301210035
    http://www.jconline.com/article/201...own-get-out-really-surreal-scene-students-say

[h=1]Student photographer's equipment seized by Purdue police[/h]
    A Purdue University student photographer was detained for questioning and his camera confiscated Tuesday shortly after a fatal shooting on campus.

A photographer for the Exponent, Purdue’s daily student newspaper, was standing in the overwalk between the Electrical Engineering Building and the Materials and Electrical Engineering Building when a Purdue police officer approached him, said Pat Kuhnle, Exponent publisher and general manager.

“We had a police officer confront him and take the camera equipment,” Kuhnle said. “Then he was taken by police for questioning.”

Kuhnle said police said they were searching the camera for evidence following the shooting that took place about noon in the Electrical Engineering Building.

The Exponent contacted the Student Press Law Center. Frank LoMonte, the center’s executive director, then contacted Purdue’s attorneys to demand the return of the camera equipment.

Federal law prohibits the search or seizure “of any work product materials possessed by a person reasonably believed to have a purpose to disseminate to the public a newspaper” or a similar form of public communication.

The student was held for questioning for two hours before being released. The camera equipment was then returned to the Exponent.
    Kuhnle said it appeared that the photographs on the camera were untouched.

Trooper

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Should add that I am a graduate of the EE program and know many of the people there. These two students worked for Prof. Dave Myer who teaches the Basic Microprocess course which was the lab section that the attack happened in. Knowing Dave, he is torn by this. It also hit many of those who work there hard.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    What if that victim was your son? Would all the gay speculation be cool then?

I guess it would if he was gay. :dunno:
    I didn't say anything about that anyway. I said jealousy. Multiple stabbing and shooting would indicate strong emotion, no question about that.

However, if you have some ties to the victim and are somehow offended by my assumptions, you have my apologies. :ingo:

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    I guess it would if he was gay. :dunno:
    I didn't say anything about that anyway. I said jealousy. Multiple stabbing and shooting would indicate strong emotion, no question about that.

However, if you have some ties to the victim and are somehow offended by my assumptions, you have my apologies. :ingo:

I have no ties to the victim or the suspect but I know that they are somebody's sons, brothers, grandsons, etc. With no evidence or proof, people are speculating they had a gay relationship which only sullies the reputation of the victim.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    I have no ties to the victim or the suspect but I know that they are somebody's sons, brothers, grandsons, etc. With no evidence or proof, people are speculating they had a gay relationship which only sullies the reputation of the victim.

This is 2014. Are people still homophobic?

phisch

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 4, 2014
    West Lafayette
    Man I was just up Northwestern at lunch with my parents who were in town to visit when this happened. My intern had friends in the building. I'm happy this MF'er pleaded today and didn't drag out the inevitable. That guy scarred a lot of people here. Scared and scarred.

Top Bottom