• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ruger1968

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 22, 2008
    Bloomington Indiana
    Just put a sigma 9 mm w/ laserlite on it in layway @ gander mountain ad says laserlite is $149.99 value I told my self that i would not buy a guy @gander mountain it was $399.99+tax this is my first handgun did I do good on this purchase:ar15: I dont know what kind of hostler I want any feed back would help

LPMan59

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2009
    South of Heaven
    when i had a sigma, i carried it in a Fobus paddle holster. I think it was the HK1 model.

i had a laser as well, but didn't really find it all that useful...maybe i was doing it wrong lolz

Andre46996

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Hammond
    For $400 you could have had a better gun minus the light show.

Lasers are for Concerts and Hollywood.

The Sigma is not a bad gun, I had one and it is VERY accurate if you do your part, the problem is the trigger.

Sweetums

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Dec 4, 2008
    Lake County
    I had a .40 Sigma. I bought it as a truck gun and ended up carrying it. Very reliable, it does have a stiff trigger pull, but for some reason it did not effect my shooting like such triggers tend to do on other weapons for me. Some Glock 17/19ish sized holsters fit. One of my favorite holsters that I had picked up for it, was a Safariland Model 518 Paddle Holster. I bought the holster used, and I still use it to this day for some of my CZ pistols. It has held up very well.

As far as pricing on the Sigma goes...I'd check with Bradis. Used Sigmas can usually be had at a bargain. Or you could check out some of the online retailers, buy it, and have it transferred to a dealer near you.

I too, would skip the laser. The big hassle of having one if fitting it with a holster. Also, unless they've changed it, the rail on the Sigma is proprietary. You won't find anything else to fit on it. I believe the S&W Self Defense 9 has a picatinny rail on it, and is otherwise the same gun, so that might be another option for you if you want to mount lights/lasers on in the future.

Last edited:

JohnP82

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Apr 2, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    I am not completely against laser sights and think they do have some benefits, but you say this is your first handgun. I would focus plenty on getting used to shooting using the standard sights first before using the laser. Just my :twocents: but I would not want to be reliant on the laser and then if it failed to work for some reason you are not familiar with your weapon's sight picture. Congrats on your purchase!

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 19, 2009
    Central Indiana
    Can buy them all day long for $289 online. Skip the laser. Learn to shoot.

I have one in .40 that was $250 after transfer and rebate. Rock solid reliable. You can learn to shoot the Sigma trigger if you're willing.

Michiana

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 3, 2008
    Granger
    OK deal depending on which laser

:D
    Just put a sigma 9 mm w/ laserlite on it in layway @ gander mountain ad says laserlite is $149.99 value I told my self that i would not buy a guy @gander mountain it was $399.99+tax this is my first handgun did I do good on this purchase:ar15: I dont know what kind of hostler I want any feed back would help

Not sure exactly what gun you are buying but the Sigma 9mm (SW9VE) retails for around $350 so depending on what sight comes with it you are getting a so-so deal. If you are getting a rear sight laser you are getting a decent deal. Gander is not the discount center of the world for gun sales. The rear site laser for the VE selling for $150 is a decent deal. Getting both for $399 you need to add in 7% sales tax you wouldn't pay buying on line.

I suggest to my customers to go on Buds Guns and Gunbroker and see what the gun is SELLING for, not listed to sell at and go from there. You need to factor in the IN sales tax and any transfer fee to come up with a comparable price.

crispy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 29, 2010
    Noblesville
    Gander is having a "big" firearms sale right now. Brings their prices down from "ridiculously overpriced" to just "high" on selected items.

Some stuff isn't bad. I'm buying a bunch of Federal 525 .22lr packs for $15. Normally $21.

To the OP, skip the laser. Spend $350 on the S&W SD9 and you'll have a decent gun you won't want to upgrade right away.

SgtBaker_21

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 29, 2010
    Westside Indy
    I bought a Sigma 40 from GM two years ago with the laser for $349. The gun has worked perfectly, but the laser is worthless to me. It turns off & on while I'm shooting & it never stays sighted. Like everyone has said, skip the laser. Just my :twocents:.

Top Bottom