• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sgreen3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Jan 19, 2011
    Scottsburg,In
    John doesn't need to advertise and probably doesn't want to. They are #1 on my list (don't own, but have shot one). Clark (not on the list, but I own one) is 2nd. MSTN (not on the list is 3rd - want one)

John has done more for run hard, high precision ARs than about anyone. - JP Rifles

JP-15 Rifles
    CTR-02 Rifles
    SCR-11 Rifles
    We've Got Your Back - this has got to be one the coolest things I've ever seen.

You are probably right. I dont own one either but have shot a few of them that friends have:rockwoot:. They would be #1 on my list as well. I was talking with them last month an they are working on a 6.5creedmore in an AR platform... I would love to have one of those when they come out!

tnek

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    You're completely missing the point. As stated above, this is obviously not a scientific exploration, its simply looking at what the current perceptions are in regards to AR branding. The validity of people's opinions is completely irrelevant here. This is more about the poster than it is the brands.

I never stated that people needed to have experience with the listed brands. I'm not looking for in-depth reviews here.

If people are putting your personal favorite low on their list, simply ask yourself "why?". That doesn't automatically make your rifle "bad" or of "lesser quality". As slow1911s pointed out, JP was low on several people's lists. But he's smart enough to understand that this may be due to unfamiliarity of the brand due to what advertising and marketing currently exists (or lack thereof), or what type of shooting circles people run in-- because he knows that JP does indeed make high quality rifles.

But of course if you still feel like its a "stupid excercise" I won't force you to post up your list. ;)

I wouldnt presume to make a list since it would be based on guessing and heresay.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 21, 2010
    All i know is Colt is supposed to be the best but every other ar has performed as good as a Colt is supposed to...i have a bushy and dpms for the price of 2 colts...i like rock river and daniel defense too...and i would like to have one of the sig sauer or ruger...but dont have enough info to rank them

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    I wouldnt presume to make a list since it would be based on guessing and heresay.

Those are both components of "perception". I'm simply curious what your (and others') perception is.

But if you don't want to play I certainly understand.

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    Ok here's my list.

I will break mine down into 3 groups: Top Tier, Standard/Commercial Grade, and Cheap Crap I Wouldn't Touch.

The first two categories I wouldn't mind owning personally, the last group I would pass on even if it was given to me. The difference between Top Tier and Standard/Commercial grade is attention to detail and higher quality materials and processes (as I perceive it).

My perceptions are based on many things, including: my personal penchant for hard-use and defensive guns, brands often seen in training classes, those advertised in gun magazines and online, those talked about often here on INGO, and a general sense of "buy once, cry once". Again, these are my perceptions and are subject to future change or being incorrect altogether.

Top Tier (in no particular order)
    Colt
    Noveske
    Daniel Defense
    Lewis Machine & Tool (LMT)
    Knight's Armament Company (KAC)
    Barrett
    Clark
    Heckler & Koch (H&K)
    MSTN
    LaRue Tactical
    Wilson Combat
    LWRCi
    POF
    Spike's Tactical
    Les Baer
    Bravo Company Manufacturing (BCM)
    JP Enterprises

Standard/Commercial Grade (in no particular order)
    CMMG
    Sabre Defense
    Smith & Wesson
    Charles Daly
    Stag Arms
    Bushmaster
    Palmetto State Armory
    Rock River Arms
    DPMS / Panther Arms
    Yankee Hill Machine (YHM)
    Remington
    Armalite
    Tactical Innovations
    Ruger
    SI Defense

Cheap Crap I Wouldn't Touch (in no particular order)
    Olympic
    Del-ton
    Superior Arms
    D.S. Arms
    Nodak
    Fulton
    Double Star
    Model 1 Sales
    Anvil Arms
    High Standard
    Vulcan/Hesse

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    now that's gonna ruffle feathers :):

:D

Like I said, that's my perception and that doesn't mean its "correct".

I'd welcome anyone who wants to go shooting with me to educate me on a rifle lower on my list.

So what's on your list Mike?

Last edited:

stchas

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Feb 24, 2011
    Terrible Haute
    I see Palmetto State Armory up fairly high on a few lists. I'm intrigued. I was considering using them in my next build. Those who have them somewhat high, going off rep or usage?

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    Ok here's my list.

I will break mine down into 3 groups: Top Tier, Standard/Commercial Grade, and Cheap Crap I Wouldn't Touch.

The first two categories I wouldn't mind owning personally, the last group I would pass on even if it was given to me. The difference between Top Tier and Standard/Commercial grade is attention to detail and higher quality materials and processes (as I perceive it).

My perceptions are based on many things, including: my personal penchant for hard-use and defensive guns, brands often seen in training classes, those advertised in gun magazines and online, those talked about often here on INGO, and a general sense of "buy once, cry once". Again, these are my perceptions and are subject to future change or being incorrect altogether.

Top Tier (in no particular order)
    Colt
    Noveske
    Daniel Defense
    Lewis Machine & Tool (LMT)
    Knight's Armament Company (KAC)
    Barrett
    Clark
    Heckler & Koch (H&K)
    MSTN
    LaRue Tactical
    Wilson Combat
    LWRCi
    POF
    Spike's Tactical
    Les Baer
    Bravo Company Manufacturing (BCM)
    JP Enterprises

Standard/Commercial Grade (in no particular order)
    CMMG
    Sabre Defense
    Smith & Wesson
    Charles Daly
    Stag Arms
    Bushmaster
    Palmetto State Armory
    Rock River Arms
    DPMS / Panther Arms
    Yankee Hill Machine (YHM)
    Remington
    Armalite
    Tactical Innovations
    Ruger
    SI Defense

Cheap Crap I Wouldn't Touch (in no particular order)
    Olympic
    Del-ton
    Superior Arms
    D.S. Arms
    Nodak
    Fulton
    Double Star
    Model 1 Sales
    Anvil Arms
    High Standard
    Vulcan/Hesse

According to this list, my RRA STILL isn't crap. All is good :D

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    According to this list, my RRA STILL isn't crap. All is good :D

Even if you had an Olympic (for example), it wouldn't necessarily be crap simply because it is on my list. It just means that I personally don't care for that brand (again, based on my own perceptions). I know guys whose opinions I respect that really like Oly.

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    Even if you had an Olympic (for example), it wouldn't necessarily be crap simply because it is on my list. It just means that I personally don't care for that brand (again, based on my own perceptions). I know guys whose opinions I respect that really like Oly.

I understand. But it still makes me happy where guys have placed RRA on their lists so far. :D

I'll get a Top Tier Rifle one of these days though...

You quoted me too fast. :D I edited that like 10 seconds after I posted it when I realized your list was on Page 1.

:D

Top Bottom