• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mglii

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 4, 2012
    Yesterday My wife and I went to the indoor Range I was working with My LC9 and she was working with her Px4 compact. After i finished shooting I put away my LC9 and stood behind her to watch her and noticed she was having all kinds of problems. I waited for her to put her PX4 on the table, and asked her what was going on.

She informed me that she was having issues with it jamming. I asked her to load a magazine and let me watch her shoot. She would fire a shot and then the next one would not feed properly it would stand up in the magazine with just the end of the round in the chamber. she would clear the malfunction, rack the slide and fire again, once again it would not feed the second shot. (i will say this to her credit she does have the malfunction drill down).

I told here I thought she was Limp wristing the pistol when she was firing it. I loaded the magazine and fired off 12 of the 15 and the same thing happened to me. I cleared the malfunction put the round back into the magazine and fired again first 2 fed properly then the last one did not. I loaded her other magazine and fired 14 of 15 and the last round stood straight up in the magazine.

Here is a little Information on the PX4 storm She has had it for 4 months now this is her 5th range trip with it. The gun now has 650 rounds fired through it and outside of the first time she shot it she has not had any problems. Today was an ammo test day. I was kinda short on My normal 9mm ammo so she shot 4 different brands of 115gr RN . Tulammo,PPU,WWB,and Federal. The last 100 round she shot is when she started having the issue. Every time the gun malfunctioned it was with the Federal Ammo.

Any one have any ideas what to check for, and has anyone else had any problems with this federal ammo not being hot enough to work the slide properly?

Top Bottom