• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ckyoursix

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 20, 2011
    Over by there
    I have been looking at the PX4 storm in .45. I have seen several reviews, some positive some negitive. Has anyone purchased one recently. How was the performance. Any good or bad reviews would be appreciated. I Looked thru the forums, and could not find any recent posts. Thanks.:ingo:

venenoindy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    Jul 14, 2009
    Noblesville
    I don't have any first hand experience with the .45 but I did rent a 9mm, I really liked the 9mm as is it has a very soft recoil impulse and very accurate.

Nam1911

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 8, 2015
    Evansville
    I dont have to shoot it to not like it or depend on it. Any gun with a slide mounted safety is a no go for self defense. They are OK for range use. I like my chances of engaging the safety to be 0%. During a tap, rack I have flipped the safety on Beretta 92 and a a few Ruger P series.

Any slide mounted safety is a terrible self defense design IMO.

chef larry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 27, 2010
    Hobart,In
    I have been looking at the .45 also. I enjoy my PX4 storm in 9MM and feel this is my favorite 9MM pistol. Have you checked out the Berreta forum?

ckyoursix

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 20, 2011
    Over by there
    I have checked out Berreta and other company forums, but it seems that there is always a company rep ready to praise thier product and to debunct any problems that people seem to have. What I am always looking for is an unbiased opinion from everyday shooters.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    I have one, but I haven't had a chance to go out and shoot it yet. I find your quest for knowledge inspiring though. Any specific concerns?

ckyoursix

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 20, 2011
    Over by there
    Thank you for your comment foszoe. I try. On a leo blog there was a comment, and some discussion about slides flying off during a qualifying shoot. The serrated decocking lever tearing some skin off. Tourque from the rotating barrel causing the pistol to shoot low and to the right. Just want to know if anyone else has seen these problems. They were older posts and maybe beretta as addressed those issues. Thank you.

jtdet01

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 16, 2012
    PX4 Storm .45 cal was my 1st. Bought new several years ago. I would recommend it. It feels good to me. No concerns about accuracy. The rotating barrel reduces recoil, as designed.

oldpink

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    Farmland
    I dont have to shoot it to not like it or depend on it. Any gun with a slide mounted safety is a no go for self defense. They are OK for range use. I like my chances of engaging the safety to be 0%. During a tap, rack I have flipped the safety on Beretta 92 and a a few Ruger P series.

Any slide mounted safety is a terrible self defense design IMO.

FWIW, you can get versions of this pistol with that lever serving as a decocker only.
    I would consider that perfectly acceptable.

oldpink

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    Farmland
    Does the PX4 come in decocker only? Decocker only is fine.

Yep
    You'll want to look for the "Type G" version.
    Beretta PX4 G-TYPE 45ACP SHIPS FREE
    Beretta Px4 Storm for Sale - Buy Beretta Px4 Storm Online at GunBroker.com

I poked around on Beretta's site for the "Type G" versions, but (dunno why, but...) they only list their safety/decocker "Type F" on there.
    However, they do list the conversion parts to allow existing "Type F" owners to directly convert their pistols over to "Type G" operation here - Beretta PX4, SAFETY & SLIDE CATCH (LOW PROF TYPE G ONLY)
    If you go check out YankeeMarshall's YouTube channel, he explains and shows how he did the conversion himself.
    Of course, it would make far more sense to buy a "Type G" version right off and save a bit of money and time.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    I had a Cougar in .40 for a while (similar design) and my only real concern was the tang that the barrel engages to rotate, it seemed it would be a high wear area. Made sure to keep that well lubed and didn't have any issues. Gun shot very well but traded it away a while back. Occasionally think I'd like to pick up one in .357sig (its on the list but well down it).

Top Bottom