• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Viper1973

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 1, 2012
    Was cleaning my PX4 Storm .40 full-size (type F) this morning. Not sure exactly what I hit but the slide stop lever and spring shot across the room. After searching for a little over two hours I finally found the spring and slide stop.

Nothing appears to be broken, however I haven't a clue how to reinstall it. Owners manual was of no help.

If anyone can provide some photos, instructions or other assistance I'd be eternally greatful. I'd hate to send it in just for me being an idiot. :(

turnandshoot4

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 29, 2008
    Kouts
    I recently met a guy who had this happen to him as during a match.

He got a different pistol and ran the rest of the match pretty well. Hope INGO gets it figured out for you.:cool:

StrongSide

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    May 3, 2012
    NWI
    check out http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VmoNjqUVBNk

at right around 2 min long he has it completely broke down.

I had a px4, the little black rectangle looking part that slides onto the barrel goes on the end of the spring, push one side into the far end of the slide (end of the barrel side) the rectangle box part goes on the other end, compress it and push it lightly onto the barrel, it will catch.

hope this helps

Viper1973

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 1, 2012
    Thanks guys....

Mellow, that diagram was exactly what I needed. Everything is back together and working correctly.

Ended up calling Beretta to try and get an idea of what I did to cause the part to release and send it airborn. After the guy at Beretta got done laughing - apparently this is their most common call on the Storm - he said that if the lever is accidentally lifted more than 1/8" with the slide removed that's exactly what will happen. He was totally shocked that I found the spring since it is black. Most folks aren't that fortunate.

Apparently when I was cleaning the magazine well with my brush, it had just enough friction to raise it just enough and... 'boing'.

Going to be really careful when cleaning in the future. He's also sending me a couple springs just in case it does happen again so I have a replacement available.

StrongSide

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    May 3, 2012
    NWI
    Thanks guys....

Mellow, that diagram was exactly what I needed. Everything is back together and working correctly.

Ended up calling Beretta to try and get an idea of what I did to cause the part to release and send it airborn. After the guy at Beretta got done laughing - apparently this is their most common call on the Storm - he said that if the lever is accidentally lifted more than 1/8" with the slide removed that's exactly what will happen. He was totally shocked that I found the spring since it is black. Most folks aren't that fortunate.

Apparently when I was cleaning the magazine well with my brush, it had just enough friction to raise it just enough and... 'boing'.

Going to be really careful when cleaning in the future. He's also sending me a couple springs just in case it does happen again so I have a replacement available.

Awesome! Beretta's customer service is fantastic. Glad to hear it worked out

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    scottrodgers87
    Top Bottom