• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Danimal317

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 12, 2008
    Anybody had any experience with the new Beretta PX4 Sub-Compact? I've been looking for it in .40 and haven't had much luck.

It's a nice looking gun IMO...

px4StormCompact.jpg

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    No personal experience here...

But in having read other threads on other forums, they're chunky beasts. I guess that the safety levers like to stick out a bit, too. However, there are aftermarket levers available that have a much more slim profile.

That said...I don't know that I'd want .40S&W in that package...too snappy for my taste!

-J-

milton

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    May 19, 2008
    I have the 9mm version, the .40 cal won't be out until (this is rumor) june. I have the full size which led me to buy the sc. I love both of them. The sc is the best shooting subcompact I have shot. Take down, field stripping is easy, and quality is great. Haven't had one issue with either yet. Comes with factory superluminova sights, but I'm going to switch them for some trijicons. Some people complain that it's hefty for a sc, but I figure with 13+1 it's about right

milton

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    May 19, 2008
    It has 'batwing' style safety decockers, while they do stick out a bit, I find I would rather be confident that I could flip them to danger mode easily

Here is a pic of both of mine together to get a comparison

gunsandcamaro185.jpg

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    I've looked at them a lot as I want one really bad. They are awfully light in the hand unloaded, the trigger pull is smooth yet crisp (?), and it fits my hand like a dream. I would go with the .45 if didn't own a 9mm already. .40 just has too much kick and ammo is expensive but not as much as .45. That why I went with a 9mm. Cheap to shoot and much less recoil than the other two.

That said, very nice pistol and I can't wait til tax time! :D

VN Vet

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 26, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Get on youtube and check out all the videos. I think most of your questions will be discussed and that you will be impressed. I was.

You will find one video where the reviewer said his pistols rattles with a loaded magazine. He shakes it on the video and it does rattle. However, mine does not. Mine is as solid as a brick in the hand. Hey, it's a Beretta.

To me, it's the ugliest pistol I own. You know, like Bulldog ugly. So ugly that it is cool. To stare down the barrel of this Bulldog has to cause the perp to pee himself. LOL

Mine is new today, but just playing with it (unloaded for you safety people) I find it supper sweet.

Vv

lucky4034

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 14, 2012
    The PX-4's are great shooters... never worked with one for CC, but for hitting paper targets... the compact and sub-compact versions were awesome!! Great feel, great triggers and more accurate that I might ever be.

Dave Doehrman

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 17, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Anybody had any experience with the new Beretta PX4 Sub-Compact? I've been looking for it in .40 and haven't had much luck.

I've had mine for about a year and it is solid as a brick. It may be a bit heavy, but you know you're holding a quality weapon. Mine is a .40 and it's fun to shoot. 90% of the time I carry a HK45C but the other 10% I carry the PX4 SC.

If you're near Ft Wayne you are welcome to shoot mine.

Top Bottom