• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sloughfoot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Apr 17, 2008
    Huntertown, IN
    Really? Do you think there is just ONE place that is the cheapest for everything need to self-load. I am hoping you are talking about reloading ammo......

If there was just one place that is the cheapest, wouldn't all the others go out of business pretty quick when the secret got out?

I shop at MidwayUSA, Sinclair, and local gunshops. I also try to stock up on a years worth of components at commercial row at the Nationals at Camp Perry every year. I am not ruled by price alone.

You could also look into a Lee Loader kit. They are less than 40 bucks for a complete kit. Just add a rubber mallet. I have bought them as Christmas presents for non-reloading friends.

Last edited:

pudly

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Undisclosed
    The Ammunition and Reloading section would be a better place for this question. I would learn some first before diving in with a purchase. Reloading is worthwhile, but it takes some knowledge to do properly.

Also, you might want to check out member Aszerigan and his store Profire Arms. He is in Indy and does reloading classes on a regular basis that are very highly rated. He also is a site sponsor and has a section on INGO here.

Fishersjohn48

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Feb 19, 2009
    Fishers
    Fujita_Body_High-jack_Self_Loader_001.jpg

Self_Loaders3.jpg

self-loading.jpg

Just some neat pictures of self loaders...:D

I assume you are talking about reloading ammunition or some would say handloading. If that's the case, you need to post this in the ammo/reloading section. I also suggest while you are there, take a gander at the sticky at the top of the page titled something like "everything you want to know about reloading"

Last edited:

Hurley

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 29, 2012
    Georgetown, IN
    Reloading

Check out Youtube. Do a search on reloading for beginners and you will find a wealth of information on reloading. Reloading .223 rifle ammunition is a longer process due to cases needing to be trimmed, lubed, military crimps removed. etc. Once you get the right tools and a little practice, it isn't bad.

As to the best place to get components, tools, etc., the folks that commented on your post are dead on. The answer is everywhere. Midway USA is good, local gun stores, larger gun shows, etc. There is a place in Jeffersonville, IN called Reloader Supply where I buy many of my components. However, his shelves have been very bare lately with the run on ammo. During the recent madness we have also seen a run on reloading components as well.

Reloading isn't hard, but it takes patience, and attention to detail. For me it is a fun hobby and it has the side benefit of supplying me and my family with the ammo we need to keep our skills sharp.

Best of luck and :welcome:.

LarryC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 18, 2012
    Frankfort
    In my opinion the best way to get started in reloading is to 1) Research - The above posters have pointed the way to the reloading forum on this site - read and learn. 2) After learning what you can from the internet, buy a couple of reloading manuals - I like the Hornady and Speer. They really have a lot of information for the beginner. I have also heard good things about the Profire classes. You don't need to buy the most expensive dies and loaders to start out. Lee presses, kits and dies are the least expensive and do work very well. The turret and progressive presses do load much faster - not really any better than the single stage. My son and I have been reloading for many years (over 20) and reload over 30 different calibers - also have a lot invested in machines andcomponents. We did start out small and learned what we wanted/needed before investing a great deal. Bullet casting is also a good addition to the reloading process, cast bullets are CHEAP and done properly are quite accurate - great for plinking and practice.

Echelon

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 8, 2012
    I've never really self loaded would someone tell me the cheapest place to get the things needed would primarily be for 223 and 500 sw

First, +Rep to Fishersjohn.

Second, Take a class at Profire, and while you are there you can get setup with everything you need.

Top Bottom