• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • aaryk

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 21, 2011
    Terre Haute, IN
    Hello all. I have question that hopefully someone can answer because I can't find any information about it. I work as a pizza delivery driver for a local pizza joint. I recently obtained my CCW and bought a Glock to carry for SD. It was okay at work with the bosses for a little while, then the owner changed his mind and I have to keep it locked in the car. Okay, nothing I can do, so no big deal. I've been told I will be fired if I carry it up to a house with me while on a delivery. So, my question is, am I legally able to carry my handgun on me while I am out of the store, out delivering pizza? Or is to be treated as if I'm inside the building and can't have it on me because I'm on company time? Would they have grounds to fire me? Any help would really be appreciated.

Hoosierdood

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 2, 2010
    North of you
    Hello all. I have question that hopefully someone can answer because I can't find any information about it. I work as a pizza delivery driver for a local pizza joint. I recently obtained my CCW and bought a Glock to carry for SD. It was okay at work with the bosses for a little while, then the owner changed his mind and I have to keep it locked in the car. Okay, nothing I can do, so no big deal. I've been told I will be fired if I carry it up to a house with me while on a delivery. So, my question is, am I legally able to carry my handgun on me while I am out of the store, out delivering pizza? Or is to be treated as if I'm inside the building and can't have it on me because I'm on company time? Would they have grounds to fire me? Any help would really be appreciated.

Your boss does not write the law. He can only enforce company policy. When he told you not to carry up to someone's door, that became his company policy, not the law. Now, you can do one of two things:

1. Obey company policy and carry in the car, just not up to the door. Keep in mind, the most dangerous part of your job is the time that you are out of your vehicle. Someone may jump out of the bushes, from behind a tree, etc, and you are not able to defend yourself. (Ask yourself...is your job worth your life?)

2. Carry anyway. It is not illegal, it is just against company policy. Don't tell your boss. Get a quality holster that conceals easily. If your boss finds out, you run the risk of losing your job. But let's face it, there are probably better jobs out there than delivering pizzas anyway.

:twocents:

bigcat1971

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 31, 2010
    Beech Grove, Indiana
    Man if it was me I would carry it any way,no job is worth your life,just keep it covered.I drive a truck and work 3rd shift.the place I work for does not let us carry at all,but I carry any way.I rather live to see my family again.

JoshuaW

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 18, 2010
    South Bend, IN
    Yes, they can fire you. Yes it is legal. You didnt say what model Glock you have, I am assuming it is a 17 or 19 sized model. If you have a 26 sized model, you can easily conceal that. I would work on concealing deeper, or buying a gun you can conceal deeper. An LCP or P3AT can fit it in a back pocket, and they have holsters to break up the shape and make it look more like a wallet. I would go for something like that if you are really concerned about being found out.

lonehoosier

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    May 3, 2011
    NWI
    I can tell you this if I had to do that job there would be no way I would be unarmed. To many lowlifes out there whont something for nothing. It would be an easy dissection for me. CCW is that. Don't ask don't tell.

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    You have your answer. Not illegal, only against the company policy. The owner is probably concerned about the potential liability of knowing letting an employee carry a gun. My guess is that if nobody sees it and you don't talk about it then nothing will be said or asked.

For what it is worth, I got fired from a job for carrying a concealed weapon. (Well kind of it is a long story). I was working late as a teller at a rural gas station. Trust me the experience has not affected my career opportunities.

Top Bottom