• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Doublet

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Lafayette
    Can anyone give me alittle information about the Chiappa 1911 . 22 , and the GSG 1911 .22 . Have you shot either , have either . reliability of either . thanks for any help .

bikeman

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 10, 2011
    Bloomington
    I have a GSG and I really like it. Mine likes hi velocity ammo best. I changed my main spring housing so that it would feel more like my other 1911s

Redtbird

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Apr 18, 2012
    Monroe County
    GSG is the way to go between the two. I've handled both and the GSG is nicer for sure. That said, don't forget the Colt/Walther:

Colt/Walther 1911 Gold Cup .22 LR Review | Modern Rifleman

It is very comparable to the GSG in terms of quality, but has a better finish.

I too, like the GSG 1911-22. Recently I had the opportunity to handle both at my LGS, and the GSG had a much better "feel" than the Chiappa. Also, the GSG mag is metal, and had quite a bit of heft to it, while the Chiappa's mag is polymer/plastic. Having shot neither, my choice would be the GSG.

What is the price on the Colt/Walther? Didn't see it in your review.

ncthorn

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 25, 2008
    Columbus, OH
    The Colt/Walther is very competitively priced compared to the GSG. The prices go as so:

Govt. Model ~$350
    Rail Gun ~$370
    Gold Cup ~$400

I did a little better than that on my Gold Cup at Top Guns, but those tend to be the prices. The nice thing about the Colt/Walther is that the slide is aluminum rather than zinc alloy as is the case with the GSG.

rockhopper46038

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    May 4, 2010
    Fishers
    The GSG is one of my favorite pistols. I could pine for a little higher quality finish, a little better grade of material for the slide, and a little better accuracy; but really at the sub $300 price I paid new it is worth every penny I paid, and then some. I'm sure I've put 10K rounds of Federal bulk pack through mine by now, and several hundred CCI subsonic, and I could count on less than both hands the number of failures I've had to either feed, fire, eject, or power the slide (lower powered "primer only" ammunition did NOT run the slide, though). Accuracy with mine seems to be about an 1" at 7 yards, free hand with the stock sights, and it is certainly "minute of tree rat head" at 15...

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2011
    carmel
    The Colt/Walther is very competitively priced compared to the GSG. The prices go as so:

Govt. Model ~$350
    Rail Gun ~$370
    Gold Cup ~$400

I did a little better than that on my Gold Cup at Top Guns, but those tend to be the prices. The nice thing about the Colt/Walther is that the slide is aluminum rather than zinc alloy as is the case with the GSG.

Actually the slide on the gsg is aluminum, the frame is zinc alloy.

AlwaysVigilant

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 21, 2013
    Michigan, by way of Indianapolis
    Had a used Chiappa for about a month, decent quality but wouldn't function reliably at all. Buy a GSG or the Sig.

I believe the SIG is made for them by GSG. I have one and it looks strangely similar. It is a great gun, with crappy plastic sights...they do work though.

I haven't fired anything but HV rounds through it, so I don't know how reliable it will be with standard stuff.

Top Bottom