• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • NWI40cal

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 20, 2008
    Hammond
    Ive gone a few times. Kind of like a huge gun shop, deals to be found, but you really have to search them out any more. Valpo/Porter county gun show is much larger, with more deals, yet, they still have to be found.

WOOOO! Post 556!

tv1217

N6OTB
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Kouts
    At the fairgrounds? I've been there once, but that was with my dad years ago when I was maybe 14. If I remember correctly, it was just the one big fieldhouse(or whatever they call it).

mightymauser

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Crown Point
    Ive gone a few times. Kind of like a huge gun shop, deals to be found, but you really have to search them out any more. Valpo/Porter county gun show is much larger, with more deals, yet, they still have to be found.

WOOOO! Post 556!

+1, that about summarizes it. there are deals, just gotta search around.

Volunteer

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 20, 2009
    Indy Castleton
    Never been to that one but I've noticed a shortage of deals in the past few years compared to what I seem to recall from 5 or 10 or 20 years ago.

turnandshoot4

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 29, 2008
    Kouts
    I don't go anymore. I find that the 5 bucks I pay to get in isn't worth the weapons I can find. That's just me though. I just save the money to pay for gas to go down to Indy.

turnandshoot4

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 29, 2008
    Kouts
    The drive is well worth it. I'd rather go to 1 Indy gun show than 100 Crown Point shows. I would say Indy is 8-10 times the size of Crown Point.

I go and I'm back for work by 3 in Crown Point. You just have to plan accordingly.

You can find a bunch of threads on here about the Crown Point gun show. Many of them tell people not to even waste their $5.

Revelations

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    NW IND/ Tampa Bay
    Ive been to a few and agree with what has been said already. The Valpo/Porter County show is bigger than the CP one.

Seems that they plan the Valpofest the same time as the Valpo Gun show. So I make a day of it with both of them.

Big +1 to what turnandshoot said, "I'd rather go to 1 Indy gun show than 100 Crown Point shows."

IndianaSlim

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    The drive is well worth it. I'd rather go to 1 Indy gun show than 100 Crown Point shows. I would say Indy is 8-10 times the size of Crown Point.

Actually the indy show is more like 80-100 times the size of crown point. The crown point show sucks, it's usually packed, you run into a bunch of A holes and the deals are few and far between. I've been to 15+ gun shows this year and crown point is very near the bottom of the list.

Lawguns

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    At one time I set up a table there. The venue was dirty and got the guns dirty. Most of the dealers don't do paperwork so it gets a large number of Illinois residents not wanting to do paperwork. There are deals to be had but the Valpo show twice a year up there is much better.

Top Bottom