• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • gunsisgood

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 19, 2010
    Maine
    A neighbor of mine has a nasty little (50lbs+/-) mixed breed of a dog that used to get out at least 2 times a week, he would go after anyone get to within 15 feet and bark and growl very viciously, the last time he did it was when my wife came home late at night with groceries, as she was unloading her van he started his crap it was cold and the ground was frozen so SSS was not an option so on to plan B the paintball gun, i capped him 4 times with chartreuse paintballs :ar15: he ran we we we all the way home and we haven't seen him since, that was over a year ago.:)

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    I want to point out virtually every time a pit bull kills a child, the owner moans about what a"gentle, loving creature" the beast was.

The families of most 2 legged "beasts" who end up killing someone usually tell that same story.

Harleyrider_50

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 19, 2010
    So. Indiana
    Tie a 2 liter pop bottle onto a long piece of rope. Have a partner who is behind you take the other end of said rope and run away from you. The bottle will bounce across the ground towards you. Shoot the the bottle. No it is not perfect but it is about the right size and it is moving/bouncing towards you. I have shot this drill as part of an instructors course. I have some LEO buddies who practice it as well.

Sooooo.......yer 'fraid......o' sumthin the size of a........a frik'n pop bottle?........ser'ously?.........:scratch:

Darral27

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Aug 13, 2011
    Elwood
    I have a neighbor that let's their dogs run loose most of the time. I certainly would not wait for any dog to bite one of my children. If you feel threatened and have a good shot take it. I don't believe there is any reason to wait for an actual attack.

Harleyrider_50

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 19, 2010
    So. Indiana
    I used a Buick Park Avenue.:D (Rottweiler on the attack, lucky for me I had a Buick Park Avenue hit it before the dog got to me).

Remember a couple of things when it comes to dogs, 1) they are nimble forest creatures and tough to hit on the move, your background will likely involve other humans and asphalt and other ric prone material, 2) people are VERY attached to their dogs. As well, people who were not there will get VERY animated about an individual who shoots a dog (they call those people "the jury pool").

Keep the kids away. Carry spray as well as a pistol. Use the spray first.

Ohhh...:rolleyes:....I'd be 1 them.....:yesway:

An' I done been thru the other 'round 'is place once'd.......yeah......dude threat'nd 1 my mine....on MY gawda*n property !... :xmad:

NONE......o' mine'll bite.....an' they ain' viscous by no means......but if you a stranger , they WILL bark an' raise 9 kind'a hell.......all'a time they tail's wag'n...:rolleyes:

Harleyrider_50

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 19, 2010
    So. Indiana
    I used the search feature and couldn't find an answer so I will explain the situation.
    Me and my daughter went to the range today and when we came home,the neighbors pitbull was loose again and came at my daughter and growling like it was going to attack.
    She yelled and the dog ran the other way. This isn't the first time this has happened with this dog. Anyways,I don't have a loaded gun when I leave the house or when I return since I shoot it all at the range.
    I took my gun inside and put it in the safe and went over to talk to her about her dog.She was very rude and said her dog won't bite.(yeah right that's what they all say) so I told her I will have the police come out and see what they say.
    I do that and she is warned that next time she will get fined for her dog running loose.
    I asked the 2 cops if the dog latches on,am I allowed to shoot?He said there is a law about firing in city limits but that in this case,I would be defending myself or whoever the dog latches on to. Pretty clear on that part. What I don't know is if the the dog is on my property and is in attack mode if I am allowed to shoot it before it does latch on. I do have smaller kids and they are not able to defend a dog of that size. The last thing I want to do is put a dog down and it would make me sick to my stomach having to,but I also don't want one of my kids or myself hurt by this dog.
    So what am I allowed to do if it is on my property charging at me or the kids? I don't want to get in trouble for making the wrong choice.
    When I did confront the owner,I did not tell her I would shoot the dog or make any kind of threat or comment stating that. I really hope I don't have to ever do that,but will to protect myself or kids.
    I am not anti pitbull.I have friends who have them and they are mostly nice dogs and they never try to attack anyone. I truly believe it is how they are raised that makes them either mean or not. I have been around to many nice ones and came to this conclusion.
    Also this woman has 3 other dogs in the house another pitbull and 2 boxers. The other dogs I never see out unless in back in the fence,but the white one I am talking about gets out. Not sure why they don't watch the dogs knowing it gets out.
    I do have a dog of my own and I or someone always goes out with him even though he is small and harmless. I don't trust the neighbor dogs.

:yesway:......Yup......any dog.....is product of they raise'n/enviroment......

I vote fer......feed/make friends with the dog......an' mace/tazer the dogs owner.....:twocents:

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    :yesway:......Yup......any dog.....is product of they raise'n/enviroment......

I vote fer......feed/make friends with the dog......an' mace/tazer the dogs owner.....:twocents:
    +1
    Not to mention most people couldn't even identify a pit bull. Biting dogs are pit bulls like all guns are Glocks or Assault Weapons.

possumpacker

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 15, 2009
    parke co
    you said there are other dogs in the house. there is more likely to be trouble if more than one gets loose and they probably will. I would nip this in the bud soon, right or wrong nothing the law can do to you could be worse than something happening to one of your kids and knowing you could have prevented it. kind of like being judged by 12 or carried by 6. dont have to use a firearm either. wink wink

Harleyrider_50

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 19, 2010
    So. Indiana
    you said there are other dogs in the house. there is more likely to be trouble if more than one gets loose and they probably will. I would nip this in the bud soon, right or wrong nothing the law can do to you could be worse than something happening to one of your kids and knowing you could have prevented it. kind of like being judged by 12 or carried by 6. dont have to use a firearm either. wink wink

?.....I'D be the law in'at case dude......:yesway: .....if 1 mine......an' I'd make it last fer.......days......:whistle:.......you'd PRAY......ta whutever gawd ya b'lieve in fer peace......but it would'n come......not till I was ready......:)

An' you rite 'bout ONE thing.......NO firearms be necessary.......:)

(An'if ya think I'm blow'n smoke up you azz.....try me.....harm 1 mine....an' find out.....)

snowwalker

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 13, 2009
    In the sticks
    I've posted this earlier and seems appropriate again. The Mrs. and I came home one day to find a pit in our yard. I was raised on the farm and have been around animals all my life. I told the wife to stay put while I check out the dog. I pulled my pistol as I got out of our Jeep and went to meet the dog. The dog was friendly and just wanted some attention and I holstered my pistol. IF the dog turned out to be mean there would have been no hesitation to shoot it, same as it would be if someone came at me with a tire iron (or any other weapon). If me, or mine are put in harms way like that, the decision was made when I got my LTCH to end it.

Bandsaw

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2013
    Pike County
    ?.....I'D be the law in'at case dude......:yesway: .....if 1 mine......an' I'd make it last fer.......days......:whistle:.......you'd PRAY......ta whutever gawd ya b'lieve in fer peace......but it would'n come......not till I was ready......:)

An' you rite 'bout ONE thing.......NO firearms be necessary.......:)

(An'if ya think I'm blow'n smoke up you azz.....try me.....harm 1 mine....an' find out.....)

And there we we see the typical pit bull owner's attitude. My damn dog is more important than your kid or property.

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    I'm not drawing and shooting at a dog unless it's already got me down and is going for my throat or face. That's just me.

If it's going at my 2 year old, then that's a different story and would require further evaluation.

Top Bottom