• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Whoever that judge was, I'm sure theyre trying to get in good with the 9th Circuit....that's the only explanation for that nonsense.

The local attorney may know that the local judge interprets certain laws to apply to certain situations in certain ways. He may not be wrong.

CHCRandy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 16, 2013
    Hendricks County
    I have a buddy who owns liquor stores...he got his 3rd DUI by hitting a parked Marion County Sheriff car that was blocking traffic for a wrecker. It cost him about $15,000 but he beat it. If he had been convicted.....he would no longer have liquor stores. Never say never......sometimes it is just how deep your pockets are.

Maybe your buddy should use the defense that there is no way he "knowingly" knew he was drunk.........hell it worked for Hittlery!

Rookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Kokomo
    I've got another question...

The officer took his license. He gave my friend a form that said (paraphrased) you refused testing so you lost your license (it had the IC number at the top). According to my friend, he took all the tests (roadside, pbt, and breathalyzer at the station). If what he says is true, he didn't refuse. Do officers still take your license? Is it officer discretion?

CraigAPS

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 26, 2016
    Muncie
    Yes, they take your license. The pink slip is the receipt for the license and serves as his license. Your friend will want to go to the BMV and get an ID card. He'll get notification in the mail of his license suspension.

Rookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Kokomo
    Yes, they take your license. The pink slip is the receipt for the license and serves as his license. Your friend will want to go to the BMV and get an ID card. He'll get notification in the mail of his license suspension.

I thought you only lost it if you refused. Shows how much experience I have...

Top Bottom