• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Colinb913

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 15, 2012
    Newburgh
    So, I have a Kel-tec P3AT. The P3AT comes with the option of a belt clip. Much like a pocket knife, it is just a clip that goes on the side of the gun. I am going to take advantage of this, when I get my LTCH, but I have a question..

I plan on carrying it inside my belt, but outside my pants, so the set up will be like: bare skin, underwear, pants, gun, belt.

I would like to carry one in the pipe, but I am quite leery about having one in the chamber, and not really having the trigger covered by anything. I tried this setup on at home, and the trigger is covered by my belt, but I am still a little worried.

What would ingo do?

Constructionist

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    I carry mine in either a pocket holster, a Fobus paddle holster, or an iwb holster depending on attire (and only when a full sized cc pistol isn't an option) but my personal choice is to always have the trigger covered when carrying it.

Dewidmt

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 27, 2008
    South of the Muscatatuck
    You're better off having the trigger covered, either by a holster, or by your pants. Why would you want to carry between your belt and the pants? The trigger is basically the only safety on this gun, and it's a looooong pull!
    I carry mine clipped inside my pants, or in a Desantis Nemesis pocket holster.

Colinb913

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 15, 2012
    Newburgh
    I just feel the extra layer of clothing (pants) is more comfortable for me. The trigger is covered by my belt on the outside, and pants on the inside.

Hornett

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Sep 7, 2009
    Bedford, Indiana
    I wouldn't even trust it inside your pants without a holster.
    Sorry if I offend anyone, but I cant see a good reason to ever use a clip on a handgun.
    You are always running the risk of the trigger catching on your pants or something while you are clipping it inside your pants.
    Hey, I even had a clip for my P-11 and sold it.
    Never did get used to the idea of an open trigger.
    YMMV but good holsters are plenteous for the P3AT.
    Get one.

halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy
    The P3AT clip doesn't work for me. Comes loose, bends out of shape, and not comfortable. A good holster is best. I don't use a holster with mine but I do NOT keep a rd chambered either. It's my "Plan B" back up gun.

GBuck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   0
    Jul 18, 2011
    Franklin
    :+1: to NOT using the clip. Buy a pocket holster or an IWB and you will be much happier. There are just WAY too many variables involved in the pocket clips.

Wild Deuce

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Dec 2, 2009
    At the end of the day ... I would never push or pull a firearm into or out of anything that wasn't specifically designed to carry a firearm. Use a holster.

Whatever you decide, be careful and remember that reholstering (reclipping?) isn't a speed drill.

marv

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 5, 2008
    Gatchel, IN
    Considering the long heavy trigger pull of the KelTec and LCP I cannot comprehend anything that is able to fire those guns by accident.

NapalmFTW

British dude
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 30, 2011
    Lowell
    +2 for the Desantis. Works like a charm. Has a semi-rubbery sticky thing on the outside that grabs the pocket lining and stays in there while the gun comes out.

It looks just like a cellphone or a big wallet in your pocket.

I also bought an OWB Fobus holster for my P3. It looks kinda goofy since the thing is so small but sometimes I don't want to carry the .45 and I don't want to eff about with a pocket holster and lose a pocket.

Hornett

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Sep 7, 2009
    Bedford, Indiana
    I don't remember where I got this but it's the one I use every day because of the pocket for a spare mag.

picture.php

Right in your back pocket and you are good to go all day.

Colinb913

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 15, 2012
    Newburgh
    I got a Blackhawk IWB holster for it. Super comfortable, covers the trigger, and since it's so small I have no problems keeping it hidden. My problem was I didn't want to lose a pocket due to having a ITP holster.

Top Bottom