• ...and so much more!
  • Lebowski

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 6, 2013
    Between corn and soybean fields.
    Hey there,

Can't find a definite answer on this, so figured I'd post this here. I'm wanting to apply for my LTCH soon, and I know the wait is a long one. However my lease is almost up for this house and I do not wish to renew it, so I will be moving soon. I partially don't want to apply until I move so I don't have to file new paperwork to claim a change of address for my permit a month later after submitting it, however was curious if I could use an address that I do NOT live at that is a 'permanent' address? For example, my parent's address.

Also, does my drivers license need to share the same address as what I use my LTCH application? I need to renew it soon anyhow as it's expired currently... (I know I know, should have done it already... Just recently turned 25)

I just want to make sure that when I do apply, I don't have any unexpected delays due to address discrepancies.

kludge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    U let ur license expire? Have fun with that.

Don't use your parents' address.

IMO, move then apply. The license will be mailed to the address on the application, so unless you want to wait 12 or so week to move...

Bill B

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 2, 2009
    RA 0 DEC 0
    I agree with move, then apply.
    However, if you apply then move file a change of address with the USPS and your mail will be forwarded to you. You can also send the change of address form to the ISP prior to the LTCH being issued after you apply. This was discussed in a very similar thread not too long ago.

74J10

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 6, 2012
    I was in similar situation. I don't have a permanent address, I have moved a few times since college. Also 25, solid job, plan to stay at my work for a while. I have my parents address on my DL and use that as my official permanent residence, my voting address, etc. Most of my mail still goes there actually. It is only about 6 miles from where I work and live. I plan to leave it like that till I end up somewhere more permanent. I applied for my LTCH with their address on the application and then had it sent to my rental house (there is a mailing address option on the application.) That's how I did it, maybe not the best way but it works best for me. I just don't see the point in update my permanent address every year or so while I move around until I save up enough to buy a house.

Top Bottom