• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • strahd71

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    wanatah
    Ok, just to set the stage, I like a lot of what Ron Paul says and if he is in the primary still i will probably vote for him then so this isn't an attempt to bash him.

but here is my question.

Besides blaming it on the media (that's a given) and people are just stupid (that too is a given) why hasn't his message made a bigger impact with people? common sense would say that his message of liberty, less government, and minding our own business as a country would be better received.

what say you guys?

jake

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    You nailed it with the media and people are stupid. Most people don't have common sense. Unless my world views are totally skewed and I'm completely out of touch...I think you answered your own questions.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Because most who claim to be liberty loving conservatives really aren't. They want just as much control over the lives of Americans as the democrats do. Just controls of a different flavor.

After all, we have a poster here who threatens to slap silly and willingly go to jail for those of us who refuse to vote for the establishment repub nominee. You couldn't cut that irony with a diamond.

MadBomber

Master
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Brownsburg
    Ok, just to set the stage, I like a lot of what Ron Paul says and if he is in the primary still i will probably vote for him then so this isn't an attempt to bash him.

but here is my question.

Besides blaming it on the media (that's a given) and people are just stupid (that too is a given) why hasn't his message made a bigger impact with people? common sense would say that his message of liberty, less government, and minding our own business as a country would be better received.

what say you guys?

jake

IMO, it's because a lot of people, in both parties, don't want to get off the public-funds , massive government spending, gravy-train they've grown accustomed to.

ViperJock

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Feb 28, 2011
    Fort Wayne-ish
    Well a lot of people like their free ****. Also I think a lot of people don't see him as "presidential" whatever that means. But I think he loses a lot of street cred on statements like not caring that Iran has nukes. People are scared whether they should be or it is just the fear mongering media and govt. that is another discussion but they are. And they worry that Paul might not defend our interests like he should. I think this is an inaccurate portrayal of what he really means but a lot of good people I know are concerned about that.

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    There are enough lazy and blind people (mental blindness, not eyeball) in this country that want the government to take care of all their problems, as opposed to the way this country was founded, with the people taking care of themselves.

To have a president that believed in the Constitution and the way it was written, and believe in the United States as the way the founders built it would run counter to the news media desires, and the people who have become so lazy so that they don't have to take responsibility or complacent that they want the government to take care of everything.

Home run Jake!!!

buckstopshere

Master
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Jan 18, 2010
    Greenwood
    I honestly think it comes down to apathy for the most of the American public. It's easier to listen to what the tv tells them instead of thinking things through on their own.

For those that have been around and involved, I think it's fear. Fear that things will change too much too fast or fear that he would lose to BHO.

And then there are those that are very intelligent individuals that just see things differently. Intelligent people can disagree. Their value systems are different.

I want freedom, that's the top of my list so that speaks to Ron Paul. I want the spending to stop NOW which speaks to Ron Paul. Those are my top two issues, others fear Iran so much they are willing to give up their liberties. Hmmmm....a smart guy in the past said something about trading security for liberty...deserving neither. Well, that's where we are headed.

Last edited:

strahd71

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    wanatah
    I honestly think it comes down to apathy for the most of the American public. It's easier to listen to what the tv tells them instead of thinking things through on their own.

For those that have been around and involved, I think it's fear. Fear that hings will hange too much too fast or fear that he would lose to BHO.

And then there are those that are very intelligent individuals that just see things differently. Intelligent people can disagree. Their value systems are different.

I want freedom, that's the top of my list so that speaks to Ron Paul. I want the spending to stop NOW which speaks to Ron Paul. Those are my top two issues, others fear Iran so much they are willing to give up their liberties. Hmmmm....a smart guy in the past said something about trading security for liberty...deserving neither. Well, that's where we are headed.

well said sir! if i had reps left for the day you'd get one! would some one please rep him for me?

jake

radar44

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 4, 2012
    noblesville
    As much as people would like to see a smaller, more cost effective government, I think they REALLY FEAR " the man---the1%--- the have it crowd " more... The human condition,-- people are evil,-- unchecked rich people making up all the rules as they go along constantly putting the screws to the powerless are REALLY evil. We have an over-sized government AND STILL ,rich get richer, poor grow poorer. Sad to say....... Really small government -where" The people have taken back their country" ....... One example is AFRICA . Real evil, real sad.

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana

For those that have been around and involved, I think it's fear. Fear that things will change too much too fast or fear that he would lose to BHO.

You better not say things like that. I've been called a troll and angered some people by saying the same things about most people just going along with what the TV tells them.

buckstopshere

Master
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Jan 18, 2010
    Greenwood
    You better not say things like that. I've been called a troll and angered some people by saying the same things about most people just going along with what the TV tells them.

Wear it like a badge of honor my friend :rockwoot:

Truth is hidden in silence and truth is the only reality. The people on the other side are moving in shadows, where there is not life but darkness as they are not in the light but in ignorance.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    Let's see.

Ron Paul can't win.
    Ron Paul's supporters are all just a bunch of potheads that want to make drugs legal.
    Ron Paul is an isolationist.
    Etc...etc....

This is all most people ever hear about Ron Paul. Being too lazy to find out themselves, Why would they support him?

J_Wales

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 18, 2011
    Because most who claim to be liberty loving conservatives really aren't. They want just as much control over the lives of Americans as the democrats do. Just controls of a different flavor.

After all, we have a poster here who threatens to slap silly and willingly go to jail for those of us who refuse to vote for the establishment repub nominee. You couldn't cut that irony with a diamond.

Well said.

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    Let's see.

Ron Paul can't win.
    Ron Paul's supporters are all just a bunch of potheads that want to make drugs legal.
    Ron Paul is an isolationist.
    Etc...etc....

This is all most people ever hear about Ron Paul. Being too lazy to find out themselves, Why would they support him?

Educating yourself is really hard these days. I mean, the internet doesn't have a single trust-worthy source and even if you started trying to educate yourself, cute kitty videos always end up stealing all the attention.

J_Wales

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 18, 2011

Well said.

So many cry for Liberty, but the truth is that many are scared sh****ss by it.

1911 DeadHead

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 5, 2011
    NWI/ Crown Point
    I'm not big into all this, but I think RP is the only guy that has really stuck to his guns. He's the only guy when I hear him speak that has any real feeling/meaning. I hope the best for him, but it does seem that ppl must not even notice the guy. I mean.... COME ON!

radar44

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 4, 2012
    noblesville
    I just got back from a flea market where I picked up about 100 "American Rifleman" and other gun magazines ( the kind you read, not load :) ) 1950 thru 1970's . man, the freedom lovers of this country have been fighting the good fight a long time. not gonna' end anytime soon :patriot: :rockwoot: royal enfield $9.95/ m-1 carbine $39.95 (1961)

Last edited:

J_Wales

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 18, 2011
    Hell is coming to breakfast.... You had best know where you stand.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom