• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • I'lltakethree

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 7, 2014
    Claypool
    So I would like to start shooting 3 gun this year, but I'd like to use my 9mm ar15 so I can use the same ammo as my pistol and be able to afford to accutally shoot the match (5.56 is just to expensive). I'm only going to be shooting at BOTR and ACC. Will 9mm be addiquite for the task?

Double T

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   1
    Aug 5, 2011
    Huntington
    I am not experienced, but the round count for rflle at 3 gun matches doesn't seem outrageous. I wouldn't run a 9mm carbine, especially for CoF >100yds.

jwfuhrman

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 95.5%
    21   1   0
    Sep 26, 2009
    Decatur
    INMG does not allow PCC's at Ranges that have futher than 100 yards for safety issues. Ranges such as ACC and NPCCC are 100 yards max and allow PCC's but none of the other ranges involved with INMG do.

Typically if you bring 100 rounds of rifle with you, you are gonna come home with plenty left over.

craigkim

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 6, 2013
    Fishers
    So I would like to start shooting 3 gun this year, but I'd like to use my 9mm ar15 so I can use the same ammo as my pistol and be able to afford to accutally shoot the match (5.56 is just to expensive). I'm only going to be shooting at BOTR and ACC. Will 9mm be addiquite for the task?
    I just started shooting INMG this year. Ive only shot two matches, Hillside and Wildcat, but both of those had shots to about 275 yards. Also, I believe both stated 65-75 rounds of rifle and each time I came home with plenty to spare. Point is,... Its not that many 223 rounds per match and I am pretty sure you could get by using the cheapest stuff out there. We were not able to recover our brass at either match, so that does factor in a little.

I wouldn't let the cost of 223 keep you away, especially not with Roanoke so close to you. Wildcat is this coming Sunday if you are interested. Check out Indiana Multigun's Facebook for more details. The match director at Wildcat is Tony Diana and he is super helpful if you have questions. I'll answer anything I can help you with, as a fellow beginner.

Top Bottom