• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    I have been seeing quite a few people liking the stainless steel needle/wet brass cleaning. I know that drying the water off takes more time/effort.

My question is if anyone who wet cleans the same brass often has noted any erosion of the brass, such as rounding off the case head where the pistols extractor would slip off causing malfunctions, loosening of the primer pockets, etc.

Since stainless steel is so much harder that brass, the brass will be the sacrificial element.

rollingblock

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 31, 2012
    Morristown, IN
    I haven't seen any detrimental effects on the brass, I've done many different sizes of pistol brass, and 3 different types of rifle, both straight wall and necked. I am guessing that the water serves as a cushioning media so the impact on the brass is greatly diminished. I have noticed how nicely the brass reloads, and feel good about running it through new die sets, I can't help but believe it is easier on them as the brass is cleaner than I was ever able to get it in a vibratory or ultrasonic cleaner.

mospeada

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Sep 5, 2008
    Bloomington
    No erosion for me. One proponent of the stainless media has weighed and tumbled the same piece of .308 brass each time he tumbles brass and it did not lose weight.

Top Bottom