• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Brandon812

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 4, 2013
    Paoli
    well, my gf got ticketed for not having a license. was told to call the number on the ticket to find out what need to be done next. Nice lady transfer us to the Prosecutor office, prosecutor told us to get a copy of the license and SEND IT IN. before I get a chance to ask where, they hung up the phone. Anyway, should I send it to the Prosecutor's office or send it to DNR office no address on ticket. I would call them again but they did seem like they were busy, in a rush to get to something else.

thanks

edit. Happened at Patoka Lake, ticket said Orange County. So Paoli Superior Court.

Last edited:

kickbacked

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2010
    call back. They want your money, im sure they will be more than happy to tell you where to send it? Just wondering but how did it all go down? Back in my younger years i never bought licenses and always wondered what happens if you get caught. Did they take all your equipment?

Brandon812

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 4, 2013
    Paoli
    we were on the bank. they were patroling by boat with binoculars. they saw us wayy before we even notice them. they pull in and ask for licenses. didnt take our equipment, ask what we catching. only bluegill. then ask for ID. then wrote her up. no fee on the ticket though. just had to call the court house. I guess I better call again to make sure. pretty much ruin the fishing trip. well, cant blame anyone but ourselves. knowing u must have a valid license to fish.

Lonnie

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 17, 2010
    Hamilton county
    sounds to me like they want her to go buy a fishing liecense and send a copy to the proscutors off for proof so they can throw it out of court

Brandon812

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 4, 2013
    Paoli
    that's what my first impression was when the Prosecutor told me to get a.copy of the fishing license along with her driver license and send it in. I thought, maybe that's what they wanted. im ok with that. beat paying a fee.

CountryBoy19

Grandmaster
    Rating - 91.7%
    11   1   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    Bedford, IN
    sounds to me like they want her to go buy a fishing liecense and send a copy to the proscutors off for proof so they can throw it out of court
    I'd say she got off lucky...

A few years ago I was camping with family and went along with my BIL to fish.

Seeing as how I don't normally fish, I had no idea that him having 3 poles and merely being in the same proximity of a fishing pole would get me a ticket... I was sitting in the chair beside him checking out one of the fishing poles (bait was hooked on the pole and I was just looking at the real to pass the time because I was bored out of my mind) when the CO pulled up. I got the shaft... ~$140 for fishing w/o a license in IN.

Calls to the prosecutors office and the CO to plead my case went unanswered... They knew I would have to drive nearly 3 hours to fight it in court so they had me between a rock and a hard place...

sig shooter

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Apr 23, 2008
    Spencer, Indian
    Contact the clerks office in the county the citation was issued. They can inform you on the cost of the ticket. I would go ahead and purchase the fishing license. Send a copy of the ticket, fishing license and her identification to the prosecutors office. They are the ones that would file the charges. Then call the prosecutors office back and request to see if you will have to appear in court or pay the citation or if the citation will be dropped. Good luck.

Zoub

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2008
    Northern Edge, WI
    I'd say she got off lucky...
    I got the shaft... ~$140 for fishing w/o a license in IN.
    Naturally I thought of you when I first read this thread but I chose not to post about your experience, that belongs to you BUT I have always wondered how it turned out for you.

(Paul Harvey voice) Now we know the rest of the story...................

CountryBoy19

Grandmaster
    Rating - 91.7%
    11   1   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    Bedford, IN
    Naturally I thought of you when I first read this thread but I chose not to post about your experience, that belongs to you BUT I have always wondered how it turned out for you.

(Paul Harvey voice) Now we know the rest of the story...................
    Yeah... I decided it wasn't worth fighting it in court. It would be my word against his. I would say I wasn't fishing and he would say I could have just stopped fishing or started at any time. Not a fight I was willing to waste the money and time in fighting... so I just wasted the money instead... :D

It sucks, but it was a lesson learned the hard way... [STRIKE]CO's can be dicks[/STRIKE]... err I mean don't think about fishing, talk about fishing, or even look at a fishing pole without first having a license for taking the king's fish ...

yeah, I'm still a little bitter about that...

ghitch75

livin' in the sticks
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    117   0   0
    Dec 21, 2009
    Greene County
    you'al are just lucky Marlin Dodge is retired or he would have took you to jail....he would have arrested his own mother!!!!!

kickbacked

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2010
    you'al are just lucky Marlin Dodge is retired or he would have took you to jail....he would have arrested his own mother!!!!!

There is apparently a new "young" dnr officer up here in st.joe county that has that same reputation. Every where I go people warn me about him. We crossed paths a few weeks back but he never even said anything to me. After he left multiple strangers came up to me to tell me he was watching me with binoculars (which i knew because he was only around 30 yards away and i just stared at him watching me).

church

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 10, 2013
    Margaritaville
    There is apparently a new "young" dnr officer up here in st.joe county that has that same reputation. Every where I go people warn me about him. We crossed paths a few weeks back but he never even said anything to me. After he left multiple strangers came up to me to tell me he was watching me with binoculars (which i knew because he was only around 30 yards away and i just stared at him watching me).

If you werent doing anything wrong, he had no reason to be watching you. My conservation professor used to say "some people shouldnt be DNR officers and if any of you ever turn into one of those people, I'll come out of my grave and snatch your a** up and take you down with me".

Top Bottom