• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ryand111

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 21, 2012
    Lake County, IN
    Hey guys, Im 20 years old and im looking to get a life time carry permit before they take it away this january. When i was at Cabales a guy told me there I don't need to have a handgun before I apply for the permit... I was wondering if this was true.... Tell me what you guys know about this... thanks guys

THard6

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   1
    Apr 1, 2010
    Greenwood
    not an expert. but no you don't need to have a handgun to get your carry permit.
    that's like saying you have to own a car before you buy gas.
    anddd they are taking it away in January?
    JANUARY?!
    like within the next 11 days?!
    :eek:

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    First rule of gun ownership, never listen to people at the gun shop.

There is no talk in the statehouse of taking the lifetime license.

And you do not have to own a handgun to apply for a license to carry.
    ISP: Firearms Licensing

+1 on each point.

Gun store employees are often the worst false rumor spreaders on the planet.

Every year there are rumors about pulling the LIFETIME LTCH but there is no legislation to actually revoke them.

Anyone who is a proper person can get a LTCH and you don't have to be a gun owner to have a LTCH.

Booya

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Aug 26, 2010
    Fort Fun
    I'm still saying we should buy some airtime and make commercials that spread real information. We can call it an infomercial. Seriously though, the constant barrage of misinformation is so ridiculous....

pute62

Master
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 29, 2009
    Lawrence
    I wouldn't waste the time buying a handgun or applying for a permit. They will both be banned in a few months anyway. As it is now, the best investment would be baseball bats and rocks,I don't think they will be banned anytime soon. Maybe some lube cos we're all gonna be f****d soon.

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    Don't listen to gun shop "once upon a time stories" generated by the rumor mills. Permits aren't going anywhere any time soon.

ryand111

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 21, 2012
    Lake County, IN
    ok cool thats great news!!!! That guy just tweaked me out. I was getting ready to apply for my permit before the end of the month bu now im happy i dont have to rush into it.

tfouty

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 14, 2011
    West Central Indiana
    My 20 y.o. Daughter just applied for a lifetime handgun license. She doesn't own a handgun. Our county is currently one of several that the application can be done on-line. We then went to our local Sheriff Dept. and she was fingerprinted. Local fee was $50 and state fee was $75. FYI, we needed separate money orders for both fees. Our Sheriff Dept. sent all paperwork for us, I understand that some agencies give fingerprints and applications back to you, and you send to the State.

Khazik

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 29, 2012
    Fort Wayne, IN
    ok cool thats great news!!!! That guy just tweaked me out. I was getting ready to apply for my permit before the end of the month bu now im happy i dont have to rush into it.
    You might want to go ahead and do the process, and do the electronic fingerprint/background check (here in Fort Wayne, it's L1 Identity Solutions). You'll pay them for the state fee, then you'll go to your county building and pay them (assuming the process is the same in all counties which it might not be).

I say go through the process and do the additional step for $10 to speed up the process. My dad recently did it and took him 7 weeks (even with L1 Identity step) to get his. I have him studying the laws.

Start it now because due to recent events, it will take a good while to get in the mail (although time til you receive it differs from county to county).

*Edit* I think the rumor of "they're taking it away soon" was started so everyone hurry's to get it. It's a good way to get people to get it, so if they decide later on to carry, they most certainly can, so props to whoever started it :)

Top Bottom