• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CountryBoy19

Grandmaster
    Rating - 91.7%
    11   1   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    Bedford, IN
    Can officers change the message on those large electronic signs often found near construction zones etc? I'm talking about the signs that have a solar panel, some batteries, and a large panel of lights that spell out a message...

It seems like this would be a good idea if they needed to be able to do so in an emergency so I think it's reasonable to assume that they may have the ability/privilege.

I assume the signs are either owned/rented by the construction company or INDOT... anybody know?

Just wondering because I saw an intriguing message on one this morning, one that I'm not so sure the construction company or INDOT would have put on it...

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    Can officers change the message on those large electronic signs often found near construction zones etc? I'm talking about the signs that have a solar panel, some batteries, and a large panel of lights that spell out a message...

It seems like this would be a good idea if they needed to be able to do so in an emergency so I think it's reasonable to assume that they may have the ability/privilege.

I assume the signs are either owned/rented by the construction company or INDOT... anybody know?

Just wondering because I saw an intriguing message on one this morning, one that I'm not so sure the construction company or INDOT would have put on it...
    Saw this too huh?

CountryBoy19

Grandmaster
    Rating - 91.7%
    11   1   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    Bedford, IN
    Well then fill us in.

You forgot the "Merry F*cking Christmas" that came after that...

The reason I'm asking is because it was very clearly a speed trap (2 people pulled over at the same time in that 1 mile stretch of roadway when I went through). The sign was going while the officers were working the area and was at the end of the "trap" like it might be a farewell message to those that made it through the gauntlet. When I passed back through an hour or so later officers were no longer in the area and the sign was turned off...

I found it intriguing...

CountryBoy19

Grandmaster
    Rating - 91.7%
    11   1   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    Bedford, IN

Clearly there were more than 2 hacked then because I wasn't near Martinsville this morning... and I didn't see one that said "Happy F------ New Year"...

It begs the question, who hacks a sign and says to slow down? LEO? Construction worker? Disgruntled person that doesn't like people driving faster than him/her?

I just found it interesting that they were running a speed trap in the area of a sign that said to slow down... maybe it was all just coincidental...

CountryBoy19

Grandmaster
    Rating - 91.7%
    11   1   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    Bedford, IN
    So you are saying the police probably did it?
    Nope... if you think that's what I'm trying to say I think you're only reading what you want to read...

Due to the circumstances at the time I wondered if they had done it just to be funny... hence the thread asking if they even have the ability to do so easily...

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    Nope... if you think that's what I'm trying to say I think you're only reading what you want to read...

Where could he possibly get that impression?

Can officers change the message on those large electronic signs

The reason I'm asking is because it was very clearly a speed trap. The sign was going while the officers were working the area and was at the end of the "trap" like it might be a farewell message to those that made it through the gauntlet. When I passed back through an hour or so later officers were no longer in the area and the sign was turned off...

It begs the question, who hacks a sign and says to slow down? LEO? Construction worker? Disgruntled person that doesn't like people driving faster than him/her?

I just found it interesting that they were running a speed trap in the area of a sign that said to slow down... maybe it was all just coincidental...

Top Bottom