• ...and so much more!
  • SEIndSAM

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    May 14, 2011
    Ripley County
    Help me answer a question. When should you do a dis-assembly of the mags for a cleaning? I have over 2000 rounds through my MP9 and the mags I use for plinking are not the mags with my SD loads. I clean the handgun after every trip to the range and just wipe down the outsides of the mags.

Never had a malfunction yet, but don't want a trip to the range spoiled by FTF.

How often and how detailed do you clean your mags?

VUPDblue

Silencers Have NEVER Been Illegal !
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township
    Not very often. I either clean mine when I'm bored or when I've dropped them in sand or mud. Under "normal" conditions, they shouldn't need detail cleaned that often. Carry mags may need cleaned more often due to buildups of lint and such. Just check them every so often and clean as needed.

in625shooter

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    I've got about 8,000 rounds through my M&P9 and I haven't took my mags apart yet. This is under normal range usage with them not getting dropped in mud or anything. Unless they need it from mud etc I won't take them apart. I only spray them with Rem oil and wipe.

Biohazard

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 10, 2009
    central indiana
    Strictly range mags? Never. I actually won't clean mine even after mud if they are just range mags. No issues for the past several years, and multiple training classes in rain.

The mag isn't something with really tight tolerances that needs to be spotless.

Yote69

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jul 28, 2011
    Logansport
    I don't make a habit of cleaning mine either. About once a year I will spray some Hornady Dry Lube to flush out the "crud" and leave a good coating of lube.

Top Bottom