• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Shawn156

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 25, 2014
    Indiana
    I was with my kids mom about 13 years,had 2 kids with her and she left a few years back for a "bum" (seriously he had no place to stay,no job,no money,nothing.)
    Anyways,I eventually was granted custody of the kids and she was only given supervised visits since "Bum" had already been arrested for battery on my daughter prior to the court date for the custody hearing. There was constant harassment and threats from "Bum",going as far as trying to attack me with a baseball bat in front of the kids during a visit. He went to jail for that one also and when he was sentenced to jail,made even more threats in front of the Judge,LEO and prosecutor. There is a very long history of him making threats towards me and attempts to get to me. He was even stupid enough to make threats towards a LEO in front of other LEOs and was knocked to the ground for it by them.
    I have several reports on hand that shows the history and there are jail records that show everything. This went on for few years.

Fast forward 3 years and the threats are now starting back up once again.I should mention that he is 2 1/2 times my size as well. He says when he sees me he is going to do this or that to me,basically bodily harm and threats to kill me.It's been all verbal or through Facebook.I block them,they set up a new account and find me even with the privacy set up to where I shouldn't be found. I am not living in fear of this person,but I want to know if he is coming at me,making threats to do bodily harm,would I be charged if I were to use my firearm on him? It's not what I would want to do and would make him aware I have it on me without drawing it before I actually would draw my firearm. The last thing I want to do is have to defend myself in this way,but would because of his size and the past history that is there. I've moved on with my life with my kids and g/f but their mom and her "Bum" seem to have trouble doing so. If I see them in Wal Mart or elsewhere I do turn and walk the other way to avoid them,but it is only a matter of time before I will not be able to do so no matter how much I try.

I am just looking for answers.I do have a protective order on the kids mom to keep her away,but around here,it's like a worthless piece of paper. I can't get one on him since there is no blood relationship between me and him or him and my kids.
    So what does a person do under these circumstances?

9mmfan

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2011
    Mishawaka
    Always carry. Always. No, not being flippant but cops are a reactive force not a proactive one. And have a good lawyer on retainer.

gungirl65

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 11, 2011
    Richmond
    Not sure you have a whole lot of options if a worse case scenario unfolds. You may just have to shoot the POS if necessary. Doesn't sound like it would be much of a loss.

sj kahr k40

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2009
    Screen shots of the threats and take them to the police, start a paper trail of the threats, maybe file for a protective order and always carry

USMC-Johnson

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 27, 2013
    Fort Wayne
    Have a plan. be aware. people are easy to find and especially easy to dispatch.

It isnt living in fear although some may view it that way.

Be prepared. Always carry and always have a back up. Keep a GOOD lawyer on retainer and buy him lunch once and a while.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Screen shots of the threats and take them to the police, start a paper trail of the threats, maybe file for a protective order and always carry

THIS! Protect yourself with your sidearm if he makes contact. In the meantime, do everything you can to get the cops and prosecutor to see his threats and lock his a22 up before he can make it your problem.

Shawn156

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 25, 2014
    Indiana
    The problem here is jail overcrowding. They have to choose who to keep and who goes home when in jail. I have screen shots and have tried and been denied the PO for the reason mentioned above but there is a record of it now.
    Truth is,sadly,he is nothing more then a scum bag and the world would of been a better place 20 years ago without him in it. He has a past history with LEO of Domestic Battery,battery on others,drinking offenses and traffic offenses,filing false reports a huge list of offenses. Also the state took his kids away from him and his ex wife years ago.
    I will take the advice above as I can actually justify if I had to use deadly force and not be charged. This has been a 6 year ordeal and surprised no one has been killed.I just recently bought a firearm and started carrying since I am away from the kids mom.She is a nut case and was trying to say I made threats towards her years ago.Luckily I knew the cop and he knew me and he knew it was a lie.I sold everything then so she had nothing to hold against me.

sloughfoot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Apr 17, 2008
    Huntertown, IN
    Everything you post on a pubic forum can be used against you.

I urge you to stop posting details of your situation. Don't block him on FB or any social media. Let him say what he wants to say. Let him post the details. It doesn't harm you in the least. His posts will always be there.

File police reports as things happen. Talk to your victims assistance people. If you are able to relocate with the children, don't hesitate to get clear away. Texas is a good place to move to. If you see him, walk the other way. Don't look for trouble with him.

Deadly force should not be on your mind as an option. Protecting your children should be. That means protecting them from loud noises. And mental trauma. And their father in jail. They have been through enough already.

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    Deadly force should not be on your mind as an option. Protecting your children should be. That means protecting them from loud noises. And mental trauma. And their father in jail. They have been through enough already.
    OP can't protect them if he's injured or dead. Deadly force should always be on the table. Unless of course, one doesn't mind dying.

sloughfoot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Apr 17, 2008
    Huntertown, IN
    OP can't protect them if he's injured or dead. Deadly force should always be on the table. Unless of course, one doesn't mind dying.

Of course it is always on the table. Just not talked about. On public forums. Or with your girlfriend. Or a co-worker. Or anybody.

What should be talked about is your constant fear. How you have to hide from this person. How you make every effort to avoid this person. How you don't know what you will do if he succeeds in cornering you. All of this should be true and not made up in any way.

Saying on a public forum that the world will be better without him is not cool.

And that is all I am going to say on this subject.

Last edited:

ModernGunner

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2010
    NWI
    IANAL.

STOP talking about it on this forum.

OR Facebook, or Twitter, or wherever. Contact an attorney, document (copy & paste, save letters and voice messages, etc.) every single thing, even those that are not 'threatening'.

If he leaves some threatening message, contact the Police and / or your attorney, depending on the circumstances you have.

And the idea that you "can't get a 'protective' or a 'no-contact' order for the guy is incorrect.

ALWAYS protect your kids, and yourself.

This isn't a game, and clear-thinking is mandatory, not fear and not boisterousness.

Oh, and STOP talking about it on this forum.

Last edited:

Shawn156

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 25, 2014
    Indiana
    This has been going on since April 2008. Many things have happened in the past 6 years and the kids mom and the "Bum" still insist on making threats towards me or my friends and family. I would do everything possible to avoid having to use deadly force on him or anyone else,but I can't stand there and let him beat me to a pulp.

Please do not get me started on my local PD.I do have a few friends who are LEO's but not in the divisions I was working with while trying to get my kids away from her and the years to follow. There is 1 officer who would testify to what he has seen/heard from them,in fact he went to court to testify to get custody of my kids.

This is how I am looking at this situation.I have 2 kids who need me.My daughter is almost 18 but still,she will need me. I would do anything in the world to avoid anymore trouble out of their mom and her "Bum". I don't want to sit in jail and not be able to raise my kids.I fought to darn hard and went through a lot of crap to get them away from her and leave the only right she has left,paying child support.She was granted supervised visits but during 1 visit her husband tried to attack me with a baseball bat but I luckily made it to my car and he backed off.He did go to jail for it.One of the few times the local PD actually done their job right.
    That being said,using deadly force is my very last option I would ever use on anyone.I would go as far as running in the opposite direction if I could run to avoid it.I have health problems that keep me from being able to do so,but like I wrote above,I do what I can to avoid them.I don't have time to deal with the drama.I have a family to support and if I am locked up,then I am not able to support my family,so using deadly force is not what I would say is my ideal solution to this. I've tried for no contact orders and get denied and I still have all the paperwork from where I filed. I think I have tried 5-6 times since 2008 to get one on him and the courts deny it. I feel I am doing everything right when I do happen to see them.I try to get away so they don't see me but that doesn't always work.Heck,they attacked my friend in a grocery store a few years back. They don't care where they are when they start trouble. I've always been the bigger person and tried to walk away in every situation,and so far I have been lucky and not been hurt by him.He's said it,he will get me someday when I don't expect it. The kids mom and "Bum" don't know where I live right now. They haven't for a few years since I stay on side streets and not busy streets where they could easily find me. I have put a lot of effort into avoiding them,but one day it may be impossible for me to do so and deadly force may need to be used. It's not my ideal thing to do,but if I am backed in a corner and no way out,I have no other options,especially with my health the way it is.
    At one time it felt like I was in prison.They found where we were living it seemed like every time I opened the door to leave,they were there trying to cause problems.I have filed somewhere in the neighborhood of 100 police reports since 2008 on them,maybe more and I have a copy of each one.
    Do I fear this person.Hell yes I do. I know what he is capable of and how crazy he is and doesn't care what time of day it is or where it is,if he sees me,he will try to come after me. It's happened to many times,but yet,I can't get anything done about it. I have worked my way through the legal system for years trying to stop this. It's been 6 years,they need to move on and act like they don't know me.Yeah I have the kids and she isn't allowed around them or talk to them on the phone,but she chose to do that.I chose to step up and take care of my kids and raise them to be law abiding adults and not follow the path their mom has taken. My daughter is nearly 18 and will be starting her Senior year of High School when School starts back up. If things work out right,she will be a certified EMT out of High School and then she is going to college for her RN degree and Vet Tech Degree. I have put my focus on my family,but it sure is hard at times when they won't leave us alone. I don't want to tell my life story on here,but if it comes down to it and I am backed in a corner with no way out,I have no other choice but to protect myself and family.I really really hope that day never happens.I have avoided it for 6 years so far with a few very close calls,but I managed to find a way out without using any sort or deadly force or weapon and I would rather keep it that way. The guy is not right in the head or something,he's crazy.Jail doesn't bother him,it only makes him more POd and determined to find me. So yeah,I have to watch my back and look over my shoulder,even with my firearm,I fear he will attempt something stupid.

Shawn156

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 25, 2014
    Indiana
    IANAL.

STOP talking about it on this forum.

OR Facebook, or Twitter, or wherever. Contact an attorney, document (copy & paste, save letters and voice messages, etc.) every single thing, even those that are not 'threatening'.

If he leaves some threatening message, contact the Police and / or your attorney, depending on the circumstances you have.

And the idea that you "can't get a 'protective' or a 'no-contact' order for the guy is incorrect.

ALWAYS protect your kids, and yourself.

This isn't a game, and clear-thinking is mandatory, not fear and not boisterousness.

Oh, and STOP talking about it on this forum.

Sorry I have posted another message and I have tried several times to get some sort of order to keep him away. I have one on the kids mom but can't get one on him. I won't say anything else on here.I just needed advice because I didn't know how to handle the situation properly. I think my last post will sum up what I fear and what I do to avoid these people.

Bfish

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013
    There are some classes you can take that would answer these questions as well as leave you better equipped to respond if need be. That would be my first recommendation.

Shawn156

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 25, 2014
    Indiana
    There are some classes you can take that would answer these questions as well as leave you better equipped to respond if need be. That would be my first recommendation.

I was thinking that also. I will have to see who does classes and cost.I want to take my daughter to one so it could be something we can do together. She has fun going to the range but it would be nice if she had a safety class before she gets her permit to carry.

Top Bottom