• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 5, 2008
    10°17'42.48"N 85°5
    I'm trying to position myself so that I can spend a month out of the country and still work. In order for me to be somewhat productive I would need internet connection (which I have) and some way to talk to customers. I would like to find something that could be set up through the internet in order to avoid calling international fees. Does anyone have any ideas?

22rssix

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   2
    Mar 27, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Skype is one option. My finacee uses it to talk to her sister in south america.

I think that it can be setup with your phone number, you call it and then call the person you want to talk to or something like that. They use the free option, but looks like you can pay to call directly to a phone number rather than a computer chat.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 5, 2008
    10°17'42.48"N 85°5
    I'm looking for the ability to be able to accept calls that have been forward from my office extension. I just got finished talking to the Vonage people. I could accept any calls from anywhere as long as I have an internet connection.

Jubbie

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 17, 2008
    Northwest Indiana (slacker)
    I can't say for sure, or exactly how to do it. But maybe somehow VPN to your home computer that is left on. Not sure what kind of delay would be there using skype or google's new phone service. All I do as far as using home internet while away is logmein to check on facebook since it's blocked at work. Haven't really tried listening to music, I know visuals are downgraded for speed purposes. No idea about audio.

steepo17

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 5, 2010
    NE Indpls
    I'm looking for the ability to be able to accept calls that have been forward from my office extension. I just got finished talking to the Vonage people. I could accept any calls from anywhere as long as I have an internet connection.

I use VOIP service from ringcentral.com for my office phone system. With their online call controller, you can do what you're talking about. check it out, it's easy to set up and not that expensive.

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    One question that you'd need to be sure of, though, is if your out of country internet connection is both fast enough and reliable enough for you to do this.

-J-

Top Bottom