• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TopDog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    This is not about bikini waxing, if that is what you are looking for, move along nothing to see here.

My question is to those of you that use wax on your guns and knives.

Which do you use and why?

I have used Boeshield T9 developed by the Boeing company. I was impressed by its performance in several online rust tests. It works well but since its paraffin wax based it shows finger prints bad. And seems to come off the gun way to easily when used in a leather holster.

I have always heard of pros and cons of Renaissance wax but nothing compelling enough to get me to try it as its pretty costly. Anyone have experience with Renaissance and want to tell why they use it over anything else?

I have seen snippet on the net about actually using car wax, don't really want to trust my weapons to car wax but if someone has had good results with the stuff please chime in.

If you guys really want to go off in a tangent and discuss bikini waxing.... :rolleyes:

Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    I have had good luck with turtle Wax spray on car wax for protecting metal surfaces against rust. The nice thing is, it does not hurt the wood stock of you get some wiped on the wood while you are spraying the reciever.

45fan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 20, 2011
    East central IN
    I have had good luck with turtle Wax spray on car wax for protecting metal surfaces against rust. The nice thing is, it does not hurt the wood stock of you get some wiped on the wood while you are spraying the reciever.

I have used Mcguiars, Eagle one, and Lucas spray wax, and its all worked reasonably well. I am sure that there are better products out there, but I have been happy with the results, and its cheap and easy to use.:twocents:

WhitleyStu

Keep'em Scary Sharp!!!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Feb 11, 2009
    Whitley County/Allen County
    Do you get a pasty residue after using Johnson's on your wood?
    No, and it wipes off easily. The wood is a little more glossy and feels so smooth after wiping off the excess with a dry towel. My wife started using Johnsons on the cabinets and on the funiture once a month. She found it does not attract dust like the spray furniture dusting products.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    If we're going to discuss bikini waxing, PLEASE PROVIDE PLENTY OF PICS.

40yearoldvirgin_wax.JPG

LockStocksAndBarrel

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Originally Posted by WhitleyStu
    I have always used Johnsons Paste Wax on the wood

Do you get a pasty residue after using Johnson's on your wood?

No, and it wipes off easily. The wood is a little more glossy and feels so smooth after wiping off the excess with a dry towel. My wife started using Johnsons on the cabinets and on the funiture once a month. She found it does not attract dust like the spray furniture dusting products.

So Johnson's on the Johnson with a little help from the wife!

I like the way you roll WhitleyStu! I do! Uh huh!

GBuck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    55   0   0
    Jul 18, 2011
    Franklin
    I have a Kahr cw40 that I used that stuff on. It is the two tone model (i dont know if they make one that isn't). There was never any rust or anything on the slide. Now, there is freckling of rust on it. I have not been keeping it in a damp place or anything, so I am a little confused. I am also not saying 100% that the weapons shield is the cause, but it seems like a pretty big coincidence. It did not do it to my sig c3 though.

Top Bottom